Chief Financial Officer, Real Estate
Wisconsin Housing Preservation Corp.
Wisconsin Housing Preservation Corp. (WHPC) is embarking on an executive search, with the assistance of The QTI Group, to hire a Chief Financial Officer.
WHPC is a nonprofit national leader in private affordable housing, with nearly $500 million in assets, annual revenues of $70 million, net worth in excess of $150 million, and over 8,000 housing units.
This is a great opportunity for a CPA with deep experience in commercial/multifamily real estate, including capital markets/transaction experience, to grow a team and make a difference with an organization that helps thousands of people live in high-quality affordable housing.
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans.
- Develop financial strategies.
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes.
- Develop performance measures and monitoring systems that support the company's strategic direction.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team.
- Manage the accounting, human resources, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury functions.
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies.
- Manage any third parties to which accounting or finance functions have been outsourced.
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems.
- Implement operational best practices.
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package.
- Supervise equity, debt, acquisition, and tax credit due diligence and negotiations.
- Oversee the issuance of financial information.
- Report financial results to the board of directors.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile.
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
- Maintain appropriate insurance
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors.
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts.
- Arrange for debt financing and equity financing.
- Invest funds.
- Participate in conference calls with the investment community.
- Maintain banking relationships.
- Represent the company with investment bankers and investors.
Attributes and Qualifications Sought
- Several years of experience in a real estate finance capacity at the Chief Financial Officer level or similar, in an organization of at least comparable size and complexity.
- Deep understanding of multifamily real estate, and extensive experience in the industry.
- Capital markets experience sourcing debt and equity financing in the execution of real estate transactions.
- Strong experience in strategic planning and change management, to help lead an organization and team through dynamic transformation and growth.
- Demonstrated track record of success at recruiting, mentoring and motivating staff; and growing and managing diverse teams to accomplish a wide range of business objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well with a diverse team in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience.
- The Certified Public Accountant certification is required for this position.