Director of People, Talent & Culture
Urban Land Interests
The QTI Group is partnering with Urban Land Interests to recruit and hire for their Director of People, Talent & Culture. This new position at ULI is intended to reinforce and solidify ULI’s commitment to and focus on People through the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of their human resource function and organizational culture. The Director of People, Talent and Culture will report to the President and is the guiding force of Urban Land Interests’ mission to create a workplace where employees can succeed in delivering the vision and recognize they are the fundamental strength of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
People & Culture:
- Create an outstanding employee experience.
- Infuse every employee experience and interaction with a spirit of hospitality.
- Drive People Initiatives, Practices and Programs (e.g. Performance Reviews, Training & Development, Retention, Culture, etc.).
- Manage the development of and implementation of ULI's goals to ensure that People Practices are aligned with business objectives and core values.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, procedures to aid in the development of people within ULI.
- Act as a strategic advisor to the company leadership for all things People-related.
- Create ongoing programming internally to encourage professional and community improvement throughout ULI.
- Function as a thought leader within ULI on all matters concerning people, operations and culture.
- Develop, manage and implement People/HR Processes such as recruiting, on-boarding, training, development, performance management, organizational planning and more.
- Design and implement programs and policies that continuously enhance employee engagement at ULI.
- Ensure that ULI employees have the tools and resources needed to be successful in delivering on ULI's core values and mission.
- Create and measure key metrics that are designed to translate into employee satisfaction, performance, engagement and retention.
- Work with Directors, Managers and Supervisors to create effective training and development programs.
- Manage and administer a comprehensive benefits package to foster ULI culture, support employees, and attract new employees to ensure ULI is an employer of choice.
- Communicate ULI's personnel policies and procedures and ensure that proper compliance is followed.
- Assist the leadership team in the development of and subsequent annual review, preparation and administration of ULI's wage and salary program.
- Coordinate or conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations, track trends and apply that information to implement organizational or cultural changes when warranted.
- Consult with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the CEO or CFO, on personnel matters.
- Partner with managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters in a manner that is consistent with ULI mission, vision, values and culture.
- Select, develop and maintain a Human Resource Information System (HRIS) that meets the organization's personnel information needs.
- Guide and manage the staff of the human resource department.
- Participate in internal committees and special projects.
- Ensure compliance with all Employment, Benefits, Payroll and Wage-hour Laws.
- Maintain knowledge of cutting-edge industry trends and best practices.
- 10+ years’ experience working in People Operations/Human Resources, preferably in hospitality, property management or family-owned business.
- Degree in Human Resources or SPHR/SHRM-SCP certification is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated understanding of employment/labor and benefits laws, benefits plans, payroll processes and laws, and recruiting.
- Experience developing and managing orientation and training programs.
- Experience developing, rolling out and implementing performance review programs.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to resolve issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to work well as a team player.
- An engaging and fun personality, balanced with professionalism and empathy.
- Appreciation of the benefits of a diverse workforce.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience, knowledge and opinion of HRIS systems.
- Track record of integrity, discretion and ethical behavior in all work situations, with a strong understanding and respect for keeping confidences with matters relating to people.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus!