Manager of Total Rewards
We are seeking a Total Rewards leader who wants to unleash their creativity and utilize their expertise to create, build, envision and deploy the next generation of Total Rewards for TASC. The Manager of Total Rewards will design a competitive, sustainable and scalable Total Rewards program that attracts, acquires and retains employees. This role will help to cultivate an employee experience that aligns with TASC’s mission to promote a high-performance culture where growth and development of our human capital produces extraordinary results for the business through the contributions of our exceptional employees.
Design and manage the implementation, execution and evaluation of TASC’s total rewards programs to ensure that programs align to the compensation and benefits strategy, TASC’s philanthropic work and in support of TASC’s business objectives. Programs include group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker’s compensation, life insurance, travel and accident, flexible spending, 401(k) and philanthropic programs, among other total reward programs offered to TASC employees.
The Manager of Total Rewards will lead a team of two current HR professionals – Benefits Administrator and a TASC Cares Program Administrator – with plans to add a Compensation Analyst in the future.
- Manage the administration of salary and incentive programs, benefit programs, job evaluations, performance appraisals and salary survey participation and procurement.
- Identify how pay programs and strategies support the organization’s business strategy, competitive outlook, operating objectives and human capital needs.
- Oversee collection and analysis of benchmark data to determine competitive positioning of TASC’s pay programs and benefit offerings.
- Manage and support the administration of annual compensation and benefits processes, including annual market pricing exercises, salary increase cycles, bonus plan administration, annual giving campaign and benefits open enrollment.
- Ensure through audits, legal reports and personal interactions that company compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
- Lead HR team and organizational communication and projects related to compensation, benefits and employee philanthropy.
- Manage relations with brokers, vendors, consultants and regulatory agencies; evaluate vendor performance, negotiate contract for service and programs with outside vendors and brokers to obtain cost-effective, maximum coverage for employees.
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget for compensation and benefits programs.
- Stay apprised of industry trends and identify opportunities for enhancement of existing policies, practices and plans.
- Serve as back-up to team members who are responsible for the analysis and administration of TASC’s total rewards programs – this is a hands-on manager!
Who You Are – Qualifications:
- First and foremost, you geek out about compensation and benefits design and implementation, are naturally curious and have an innovative spirit.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field; Masters preferred.
- 6+ years of combined Compensation, Benefits and HR experience required, demonstrating broad knowledge of total rewards programs and processes for companies of 500+ employees.
- 2+ years’ experience leading projects, demonstrating first class organizational and project management skills.
- 2+ years’ experience managing a team of HR professionals.
- Expert skills in preparing and analyzing spreadsheets with the financial acumen to build and manage budgets and build predictive and projective compensation models.
- Analytical skills with the ability to translate data and trends into key insights and recommendations.
- Demonstrated consultative approach, always looking to leverage cross-functional partnerships with unquestionable ability to get things done.
- A people magnet whose leadership and ability to be an influencer come naturally.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) or Certified Benefits Specialist (CEBS) preferred.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to roll with changes. Even if you don’t have all the details, you are comfortable moving between projects and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivates you to evolve and innovate.
Who We Are - TASC:
We have built a strong organization based on our founder’s desire to help a friend. Our cornerstone of our mission, vision and values is to be the recognized leader in third-party benefits administration in the markets we serve, to achieve double digit growth annually with positive returns and low debt, to be a high performance, engaged and community minded workforce. We’re adults and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in a structured yet flexible work environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences and are united by our leader’s vision. We are growing exponentially and have plans to continue to do so. We’re supercharged and looking for someone to keep up with us. This is how we tick at TASC!
Application and Selection Process:
TASC has retained QTI Executive and Professional Search to conduct the search for its new Manager of Total Rewards. QTI Executive and Professional Search is a specialized recruiting division of The QTI Group, a comprehensive human resources advisory services firm founded in 1957. QTI is headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, with nine branch offices throughout the state.