Managing Vice President of Business Lending & Cash Management Services
Summit Credit Union
Summit Credit Union has a passion for empowering people to improve their financial well-being. With $3 billion in assets and more than 30 locations across Wisconsin, Summit Credit Union is committed to a vision of connecting people and inspiring action to create wealth for its customers and the greater community. Customers view the institution as fun, confident, inspiring, and having urgency to meet their needs.
The Managing Vice President of Business Lending & Cash Management Services is responsible for developing and driving the credit union’s initiatives and strategies related to the Business Services department including lending, cash management/deposit, while maintaining a competitive, member focused environment. Broadly, the Managing Vice President of Business Lending & Cash Management Services will …
- Translate the credit union’s mission, vision, and business strategies into everyday action and results.
- Drive all aspects of growth in business lending and deposits.
- Ensure department compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Play a critical role in strategic planning of the Business Services function.
Develop and drive department budget, business plan, and related strategies
- Develop, lead and promote an exceptional member-focused sales process with the Business Lending Officers and Cash Management Specialists.
- Identify opportunities to create differentiation strategies in alignment with the mission and vision that are not easily replicated by the competition.
- Conduct on-going evaluations of business results and continually drive down operating expenses while allocating resources where needed to maximize growth.
- Use knowledge of economic conditions, industry trends, and competitor offerings in developing and recommending new products, programs, and initiatives. Stay current in regulations.
- Develop and prepare various management reports to communicate results.
- Align tools, technology, and marketing to optimize member service, efficiency, risk management and results.
Develop and administer department policies and procedures
- Manage concentrations, credit quality, and financial performance of the business loan portfolio.
- Ensure policies and procedures comply with all state and federal rules and regulations.
- Ensure Business Services team has a foundation of understanding of policies and procedures as regulatory requirements.
- Make decisions when policy is unclear, while balancing the needs of the organization with this those of our members.
Provide leadership and supervision for the Business Services department
- Set expectations for direct reports and the department.
- Lead department meetings to communicate strategies, updates, and organizational information.
- Encourage staff participation and collaboration within the department and across the organization.
- Challenge, coach and develop staff to achieve their personal best, and address deficiencies in performance as needed.
Make decisions related to recruitment, promotion, transfer/demotion, and disciplinary action in alignment with organizational values. Demonstrate leadership internally and externally to facilitate strategies and objectives.
- Assist in communicating the organization’s mission and vision across the organization.
- Provide input into budgeting and strategic planning processes.
- Assist in keeping the organization aligned in its strategies and goals.
- Coordinate and lead cross-functional teams to achieve business results.
- Build strong working relationships internally and externally, demonstrate a commitment to teamwork, and represent the credit union in a positive and professional manner.
- Demonstrate a commitment to credit union values through community involvement, political advocacy, and support of the credit union movement.
- Negotiate vendor contracts as needed.
- Respond to member concerns and feedback with a sense of urgency.
- Serve as the leading member of the Business Loan Committee, and make lending decisions in accordance with the Business Loan Policy.
- Make lending decisions for all loan types in accordance with policy and in the best interest of the credit union when needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or a related field strongly desired; equivalent work experience may be considered.
- Significant financial industry experience, including demonstrated leadership experience in business lending and financial services. Expert knowledge of financial institution products and services with a focus on business services.
- Proven ability to capture new markets and develop people.
- Professional, well-developed oral and written communication skills necessary for projecting a positive image.
- Strong understanding of technology applications and well-developed ability and comfort with using them in the business service environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage employees at all skill levels.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions for complex problems.
- Ability to construct effective proposals and business plan documents.
- Knowledge of current applicable state and federal laws and the ability to implement changes based on regulations. Willingness to take high priority actions to remain current in these.
- Ability to effectively lead initiatives within the business services department and influence and inspire others across the organization.
- Ability to develop and execute strategies in alignment with mission and vision.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
Please note that the official Summit Credit Union title of the position is Managing Vice President of Business Services. The title is represented here as Managing Vice President of Business Lending & Cash Management Services to be more informative to an external audience.