Paid Search Media Planner
Hiebing, founded in 1981, is an employee-owned integrated marketing and brand development firm located in Madison, Wisconsin and Austin, Texas. For clients looking to push beyond ideas that are “good enough” to those that make an impact, Hiebing delivers results without the ego and expense associated with big-city behemoths. Hiebing’s target-market-led approach is what truly sets it apart from other agencies.
Built upon responsiveness, collaboration and commitment, the Hiebing team’s unabashed curiosity drives their keen ability to unearth a true brand identity that creates an honest and lasting emotional bond between the soul of the brand and the heart of the target. For the Hiebing team, marketing is about much more than a touchpoint; it’s about creating an emotional connection.
With a “we before me” company culture that fosters team member’s creative and professional growth, Hiebing places a high value on retaining the best creative minds in the industry. The agency offers a competitive salary and great benefits – including a 401(k), cash and deferred profit sharing (because when Hiebing succeeds, everyone succeeds), summer hours, flex scheduling and health, dental and vision benefit packages.
Don’t believe Hiebing? Others agree! Their success, culture and stunning church-turned-office workplace have received accolades by leaders in the Madison market and national industry.
Advertising Age magazine has repeatedly recognized Hiebing for its light-hearted collaborative atmosphere and exceptional work. In 2015, Hiebing was Ad Age’s Small Agency of the Year, Midwest. Hiebing also secured the #5 slot in the Wisconsin State Journal’s 2019 Madison’s Top Workplaces survey as well as Madison Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work designation.
For more information: hiebing.com
About the Opportunity
Hiebing is looking to add a new Paid Search Media Planner to its team as the company continues to grow to match its clients’ needs.
The Paid Search Media Planner is responsible for the strategy, execution and management of digital media buys (paid search, display and social) for assigned client accounts with emphasis on search engine marketing. This person is a steward of Hiebing’s clients’ media dollars, providing expert oversight and hands-on management to drive results. The Paid Search Media Planner collaborates with a cross-functional team and helps lead ongoing improvement of Hiebing’s paid search partner relationships and performance.
Hiebing is seeking a talented individual who brings specific subject matter expertise in paid search, with particular success in translating client needs and driving results. The following describes the ideal experience and assets a successful candidate will offer:
- Evaluate audience, approach and share of voice for paid search buys, owning the buying process and platform relationships.
- Educate broader media planning team on new opportunities related to paid search campaigns and help navigate clients into new territories with strategic buying ideas.
- Execute and manage campaigns on behalf of clients, including campaign set-up, billing reconciliation and QA.
- Manage the daily maintenance and optimization of media campaigns to successful delivery against established KPIs.
- Complete ad hoc paid search projects, including assistance on new business and competitive analysis projects.
- Compile regular reports and provide performance insights that drive actionable, strategic campaign shifts aimed at addressing performance gaps.
- Manage invoices and billing related responsibilities for paid search campaigns.
- Oversee the effective administration of operations for the organization
- Communicate and work effectively with the Board by providing timely and accurate information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions
Qualifications and Attributes Sought
- At least three years of paid search execution experience. Google Partner Search certification is expected; Google Analytics and and Shopping certifications are preferred.
- Proficiency with digital and paid search buying tools, including paid search deployment interfaces and associated analytics platforms. Experience with other digital tactics – display, native, audio, mobile and video a plus.
- Experience with third-party ad servers and holistic knowledge of digital tracking.
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of the paid search marketplace (opportunities, technology, bid strategy, partners) as it relates to paid search strategy and execution.
- Planning experience in display, native, audio, mobile and video a plus for holistic understanding on media landscape.
- Ability to project manage technical requests/issues with Digital Media Operations Specialist and external vendors.
- Strong mathematic and analytical skills, with proven track record of leading campaign optimizations and improvements.
- Team player approach with desire to collaborate on target-centric goals, including use of strong interpersonal communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, quatitative analysis, a related program, or comparable experience.
About Madison, Wisconsin
The position is located at Hiebing’s headquarters office in Madison, Wisconsin. Residence in or relocation to the Madison metro area is expected. Nestled amid a chain of scenic lakes, Madison is the capital of Wisconsin, and a major Midwestern research & technology university city, and a creative-class hotbed. With a metro population of over 500,000, Madison is the second-largest metro in Wisconsin, after Milwaukee. Madison’s location in south-central Wisconsin places it, by car, about 90 minutes west of Milwaukee; under 3 hours northwest of Chicago; and under 5 hours southeast of Minneapolis. The Madison area is one of the best places in America to live, work, play, and raise a family. It consistently earns top results in nationwide quality-of-life rankings, articles and surveys.
The region’s strong quality-of-life factors include:
- One of the healthiest innovation-driven regional economies in America.
- Urban, suburban and rural living options.
- A wide range of nightlife, live music, museums, and locally-owned shopping
- A thriving local food & restaurant scene including nationally recognized chefs, craft brewers, and America’s largest producers-only farmers’ market.
- Nationally acclaimed public university and public secondary school systems.
- Big Ten athletic events.
- All-season outdoor recreational opportunities including a world-class biking and hiking trail network making Madison one of only five platinum-rated bicycling cities in America.
- Favorable cost of living, compared with many other desirable US metro areas.
For more information about life in the Madison area, please visit:
- Madison rankings, fun facts, and things to do.
- Living here in the Madison region.
- The Madison region business climate.
Please confidentially share your resume: https://tinyurl.com/HiebingPSMP
Hiebing has retained The QTI Group to conduct the search for its new Paid Search Media Planner. QTI is a comprehensive human resources advisory services firm founded in 1957. QTI is headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin and has nine branch offices.