Senior VP of Product Innovation & Marketing
Our client is seeking a senior executive to lead its product innovation and marketing strategy. This executive an ambidextrous leader who has proven track of success in development and execution of both “core” and “explore” business strategies. Reporting to the President and CEO, and through close collaboration with the sales, distributor, trade community and the rest of the executive team, the Sr. Vice President of Product Innovation and Marketing will be responsible for all aspects of the product innovation and marketing strategy. This person’s main goal is to maintain the company’s brand leadership role in the marketplace and optimize the product innovation process through effective product portfolio planning and road mapping. The successful individual will ensure new product pipeline, branding consistency, central brand messaging, and clarity and quality of all product information.
Product Innovation - Exploration Accountabilities
- Leverages technology and market intelligence/consumer insights to develop new products or enhancements, features, and functionality to existing products from concept to hand off to NPD projects.
- Provides leadership and strategic vision to Advanced Design Engineering group, Research & Development Center staff, Design Engineering-NPD, outside Design partners and Sales organizations to introduce innovative product features and functionality.
- Leads New Product Efforts through early stages (Product Road Mapping, Portfolio Planning, Prototyping)
- Manages consumer and competitive insight to ensure proper inputs to product roadmap and design activities.
- Execution of the Connected Kitchen strategy
- Clarity and quality of all product information
Product Marketing – Core Accountabilities
- Leads Marketing function and responsible for development and execution of marketing strategy to support short and long term business objectives through:
- Branding consistency
- Digital consumer experience (CRM & Marketing Automation strategy)
- Trade Marketing strategy
- Central brand messaging
- Public Relations
The Sr. Vice President of Product Innovation and Marketing will lead a Marketing team of approximately 35 individuals. This executive will manage the advertising, media, and PR strategies, the digital customer experience (CRM & marketing automation strategy), trade marketing strategy, international marketing, and a $20M plus budget.
Experience & Competencies:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or a related field is required; an MBA is preferred
The successful candidate is a product innovation visionary (good at design thinking, design engineering) that will maintain the status of premium manufacturer of high end appliances and will enable the evolution of product innovation development of high end appliances.
This executive will come from a luxury, premium or aspirational durable goods brand with deep and proven experience in a manufacturing environment. We prefer:
- 15 years in product innovation and marketing leadership role with major consumer brand durable goods company
- A candidate who is a product innovation visionary (good at design thinking, design engineering) and who that will maintain our status as premium manufacturer of high end appliances and enable evolution of product innovation development our brands.
- Experience in effectively leading both explorations and core marketing functions.
- Demonstrated strategic business acumen and the business maturity of a senior executive.
- A candidate who has leveraged technology (e.g., connected) and market intelligence/consumer insights to develop new products or enhancements, features, and functionality to existing products.
- Proven track record as a key driver of growth, building go to market strategies, evangelizing innovation in the marketplace.
- Demonstrated success in both the creativity required to maintain a strong brand, as well as utilizing marketing as a strong driver of revenue.
- Has hired and developed successful Product Innovation & Marketing professionals.
- Must have demonstrable decision-making skills and intuition to deliver impactful brand building communications and insightful VOC messaging and positioning.
- Demonstrated successes working effectively with sales teams
- Budget management experience, including PR, advertising, creative services.
- Must possess excellent quantitative skills combined with superior communication skills
- An ability to build consensus and obtain organizational alignment for initiatives
- A team player that demonstrates a collegial/collaborative working style