Vice President of Human Resources
Goodwill of South Central Wisconsin
The QTI Group has been retained by Goodwill of South Central Wisconsin to recruit for their new VP of Human Resources. The VP of Human Resources provides executive leadership, strategic direction and is responsible for directing all of the people functions at Goodwill of South Central Wisconsin. The person in this role will be responsible for the strategic human resources planning to provide the organization with the best talent available and to position the organization as the employer of choice by being aware of policies, practices and trends within the industry. The VP of HR will also be managing organizational growth and leading new business initiatives to achieve continuous overall improvement.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Works as a collaborative strategic leader on the Leadership Team to advance integrated delivery of talent management throughout the organization in alignment with the Board approved strategic plan and annual operating budget.
- Translates the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items affect the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the organization.
- Develops staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the organization for positions of responsibility. Identifies appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the organization.
- Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits program to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance.
- Develop programs to allow the organization to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
- Lead and develop human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs to fill the identified gaps.
- Develops appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources in the organization, including but limited to employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints, external education and career development.
- Enhances and/or develops, implements and enforces HR policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operations and effectiveness of the organization.
- Oversees and ensures agency-wide preparation for successful Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and maintenance of same.
Education, Attributes and Experience
- Master’s degree in related field with 5 years of experience in human capital management preferred.
- Understanding of key business issues and their connectivity to broader human resources implications, initiatives and activities is a must.
- Strong communication skills including but not limited to negotiation, influence and consensus building are required in order to interface with employees/customers at all levels within the organization as well as external customers, vendors and agencies.
- Strong leadership with the ability to assess, attract and develop talent.
- Knowledge of human resource management and talent development with an ability to provide a high level of customer service utilizing a very productive labor model.
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and decision-making skills and inspire decision-making by others.
- System implementation and HRIS software experience is useful in this role.
- Strong conceptual thinker with pragmatic approach to driving day-to-day operations. Collaborative style and approach is necessary for success in this role.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing growth and leading new business initiatives is critical.
- Needs to be willing to work a flexible schedule and travel when necessary.
- Experience working with people with disabilities preferred!