VP of HR
The VP of Human Resources will play an essential role as a business partner to the CEO in facilitating organizational excellence. Maintaining and continually improving the company’s identity through its people as an innovative, highly collaborative, leader in the delivery of clean energy solutions is a key component of success. Viewed as creative, a problem solver, and an articulate strategic discussion confidant to the CEO and the entire senior leadership team, this mature, poised and highly motivated professional will provide thought leadership and coaching to the organization around key business initiatives. Simultaneously, our candidate of choice will be a partner to every functional leader in driving the overall effectiveness of human capital across the company.
This professional will bring their understanding of best practices in human resource management to this role. This candidate will use best of class initiatives in HR, and HR systems, to improve our competitive advantage through our team members. This in effect will redefine how our current HR department is managed. This individual must be a thought leader who is tactfully tenacious, Socratic, an advocate and “hands on”. These personal attributes will allow a quick understanding of the current organizational culture and enable our candidate to build on these successes. This position will require a person who can work on talent recruitment as well as evaluating existing team members and encouraging internal accountability throughout the organization. There is a need for professional development and regular communication both internally and externally throughout the organization. These pillars are key for the refocus of our HR Department.
The immediate effectiveness of this individual will be measured by his/her ability to gain credibility across the organization and to quickly assimilate. Maintaining a culture of integrity, competency, compliance and most importantly trust at all levels of the organization is of paramount importance to this function and this role.
- Assume overall responsibility and accountability for company wide Human Resources operations and initiatives. Develop and direct implementation of all HR strategy, policy, and procedures in parallel with the company’s “mission focus” as an active supporter and benefactor to the community.
- Provide coaching, decision-making support and professional development to the senior leadership team in concert with the company’s strategic plan.
- Create a flexible and “preferably paperless” platform for HR integration throughout the company. This will include performance measurement, training/professional development, compensation analysis and planning, recruitment and retention. Company-wide employee engagement is imperative.
- Continue to encourage actions that support a positive company culture.
- Develop a career-pathing process for all departments and all levels of the organization.
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive environment as the company continues to grow and expand into multiple locations consistent with larger more complex corporations. Advocate for appropriate and consistent business processes and information sharing within and across teams and locations while maintaining a culture that embraces change and a balance between process and flexibility. Ensure inclusivity and timely communication between the corporate office and satellite sales offices.
- Partner with leadership to create and drive effective internal communications around all major initiatives such as, compensation plans, benefit changes, professional development and multi state labor law compliance and other HR initiatives.
- Identify coaching opportunities within the senior team and build trusted relationships that will encourage reactive and proactive conversations around areas for professional and personal growth
- Assume the role of ambassador for the company’s brand and corporate vision both internally and externally. Proactively develop initiatives that will lead to a reputation as an “employer of choice”.
- Proactively engage, evaluate and deploy, best of class human capital products, performance management platforms, and technology software designed to support recruitment, engagement and retention, professional development and compliance while ensuring practical ROI’s for these investments.
Experience & Competencies:
Our VP of HR will be characterized as a strategic and insightful thinker, a change agent, a trusted and “neutral” confidant, an active listener and a coach capable of carefully identifying and assessing critical business issues and partnering with the senior team to achieve favorable outcomes.
This professional will, in concert with the CEO, play an active role in designing an organizational structure that can adapt and positively respond to changing market opportunities. He/she will be comfortable providing thought leadership on effective methods of organizational development and seamless accountability throughout the organization. Our candidate of choice must self identify as a professional with a high degree of cognitive and emotional intelligence, exemplified by their ability to lead thoughtful and collaborative discussions around business challenges that more often than not result in eloquent yet practical solutions.
- Possess demonstrated Human Resource leadership experience exemplified by a track record of consistent professional growth. Backgrounds in change management and/or growth oriented organizations, proactively leading HR processes, coaching, organizational development, compensation plan analysis, succession planning and other HR functions.
- Exceptional executive presence with a strong understanding and ability to manage multiple complex business issues. Recognized as a key advisor to leadership, capable of taking on strategic initiatives and executing action plans.
- Ability to balance thought leadership and creativity with process & execution.
- Proven experience leading complex change and organizational integration.
- Ability to partner with the leadership team in attracting, retaining and developing talent at all levels of an organization and developing succession plans for key roles.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to identify and implement new technologies that bring value and expertise into the business.
- In partnership with outside resources maintain extensive knowledge of Federal and State employment laws, industry compliance regulations and record-keeping requirements.
- A polished professional presence with exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and leverage credible partnerships across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field. MBA or Master’s in a relevant discipline is highly desired.
- Appropriate professional HR certifications desirable.