Chief Operating Officer
Education Credential Evaluators
The QTI Group is partnering with Education Credential Evaluators (ECE) to hire its next Chief Operating Officer! The COO will be a seasoned leader who champions the use of best-in-class technology to optimize processes that transform business operations so ECE can best serve evolving customer needs.
The COO leads the development and execution of production operation strategies while ensuring that business goals and processes align with the mission and values of ECE. The COO provides strategic leadership and ensures that effective operational strategies including quality, productivity, efficiency, and continuous improvement are effectively implemented across the organization.
Location: ECE offers a hybrid work environment with the expectation that the COO be in-office 2-3 days/week. ECE’s office is located at Schlitz Park, which includes amenities such as a modern office environment, on-site gym, summer farmer’s market, community events, food trucks during lunch hours, and an outdoor beer garden.
Strategic Management & Leadership
- Deliver executive leadership that aligns with the culture, financial plan, and strategic vision.
- Plan, develop, and oversee implementation of goals and programs that improve service delivery and financial sustainability.
- Use innovation to lead the development, communication, and implementation of effective business development growth strategies.
- Coordinate the strategic planning process in conjunction with the President and senior leadership team.
- Lead business and operational strategies to deliver efficient and exceptional customer service and operations activities.
Change Management & Innovation
- Be a change advocate and enabler! Encourage the generation of innovative ideas from staff and identify feasible and creative solutions to explore.
- Regularly evaluate current and proposed production processes and systems.
- Manage and support the Sr Director of Technology in the digital transformation process, promoting and implementing new technologies that improve efficiency, accuracy, and service delivery.
Product & Process
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality services while promoting efficiency and accuracy in all production processes.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of all services and awareness of competitive environment.
- Identify opportunities to build effective processes to support production and ensure compliance.
- Collaborate with team leaders to evaluate SOPs and determine and implement changes.
- Provide accurate and timely reports outlining operational activities.
- Create and promote a positive, multicultural work environment that supports consistency and efficiency throughout the organization's strategy, operational process, collaborative communication, and information sharing.
- Ensure technology-driven improvements and long-term plans to enhance technology infrastructure and capabilities that allow us to use human capital for higher value work.
- Use KPIs to track the effectiveness and efficiency of operations; review performance metrics to make data-driven recommendation, streamline operations, and reduce costs.
- Promote and support a culture of adaptability and innovation to deliver successful change management initiatives as demonstrated through the implementation of new technologies, systems, and processes.
Management & Leadership
- Develop a leadership team to enable the successful execution of operational plans.
- Collaborate with HR to assess leadership and organizational capabilities including talent development, performance management, and employee engagement.
- Coordinate with Marketing on new business development to ensure operational capabilities, resources, and capacity are in place to preserve quality and timely delivery of reports/services.
- Collaborate with HR, Finance, and Contract and Compliance leaders to ensure ECE functions in a legal, ethical, and compliant manner while meeting business goals.
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Finance and the President to develop, analyze, monitor, and ensure that budgeted funds are allocated properly to reflect current needs and future potential.
- Work with department leaders to create budget recommendations for the operations area.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 6+ years of leadership experience supervising and managing people, processes, and procedures; experience leading senior leaders (Directors) preferred.
- Demonstrated experience leading technology innovation, with a preference toward experience leading on a digitization journey.
- Strong cross-functional knowledge and ability to apply knowledge of overall business operations to production environment.
- Experience working in a fee-for-service non-profit organization is a plus