Director of Product
Willy Street Co-op
The QTI Group is partnering with Willy Street Co-op to hire their next Director of Product.
The Director of Product provides leadership for the product management and logistics functions of the Willy Street Co-op according to the established Mission, Vision, and Cooperative Principles. This career professional ensures consistent, strategic, diverse product selection, promotion, and merchandising efforts throughout all Willy Street Co-op.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Product directly or indirectly supervises all employees within the logistics and product management functions and is an integral member of the executive leadership team.
- Establish the strategic direction of and implement best practices for overall product management and logistics operations across three store locations and the production kitchen.
- Set the overall product selection philosophy for the Co-op, establish promotional and retail pricing strategies and programs, and oversee merchandising and product placement in all store locations.
- Oversee all aspects of product data management and supply chain flow.
- Proactively develop operational initiatives to ensure that wider organizational goals are met and collaborate with the Director of Operations to outline the processes used to implement those initiatives.
- Additional key areas of responsibility include
- Product Management
- Product Data & Logistics
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Customer Experience & Satisfaction
- Financial Performance
- Human Resources
- Community Outreach
- Minimum 7 years of experience and successful track record in product management and/or logistics, including but not limited to pricing, merchandising, promotional strategy, supply chain management, Point of Sale (POS) systems and product data, and other related areas
- Proven track record in process improvement, with an eye for bridging coalitions among a diverse set of stakeholders with competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to understand business direction, customer requirements, supply management- marketing strategy, and demand generation fulfillment strategy
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to present complex data sets to various audiences in an easily digestible manner
- Experience in budget planning and preparation, with a particular focus on operational efficiency
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; able to effectively collaborate with stakeholders with varying degrees of seniority, employee classifications, and lived experiences
- Excellent cross-functional project management skills, with the ability to build consensus and collaboration across reporting structures
- Strong commitment to the vision, values, and structure of the Co-op
- A desire to address complex issues collaboratively with the General Manager, leaders, and staff
- Ability to build teams and hold others accountable in a way that builds trust and commitment
- Demonstrated skills in organization, management, and completion of multiple projects simultaneously
- Passionate about working in an organization that values and promotes Diversity, Equity, Inclusion
- Demonstrated application of principles related to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to adapt and evolve to changing workplace norms and conditions
- Previous supervisory experience with a demonstrated ability to create a healthy work environment focused on customer service and excellence
- Previous experience working with labor unions in a unionized environment
- Previous experience in a co-op grocery environment
- Retail local, organic, or natural foods experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Willy Street Co-op embraces diversity and inclusion; we are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate in employment. The Co-op is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills; and a workplace environment of mutual respect and benefit to all.