Director of Property Management and Operations
Urban Land Interests
The Director, Commercial Property Management is responsible for reinforcing ULI’s commitment to continuously improve our tenant experience and the level of service provided to Tenants on a daily basis. The position will be responsible for creating and sustaining long-term tenant relationships by ensuring that ULI is delivering services that meet and exceed our tenant’s expectations. The Director, Commercial Property Management will need to work effectively and collaboratively with ULI’s Operations Managers and staff to create alignment in how services are provided to tenants and relationships are maintained and strengthened with all tenants.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position are based in ULI’s commitment to approaching property management and leasing through the lens of exceptional customer service, infused with a spirit of hospitality and a desire to create exceptional tenant experiences from lease inception throughout the lifecycle of the lease.
- Function as a strategic advisor and advocate to the Company’s leadership for all things tenant related.
- Continually seek opportunities to enhance tenant relationships by adding value, making introductions, and building community.
- Develop, manage, and assess operational processes and initiatives designed to enhance our tenant experience and provide cost effective service.
- Effectively utilize work order management system to manage inventory, staff time, and tenant requests.
- Develop and institute programs, policies, and procedures that enhance the department’s ability to deliver and maintain quality, as well as promote safety, accountability, and company profitability.
- Provide direction and leadership support for the Operations Team.
- Participate in annual budget process and meet financial targets.
- Anticipate, plan for, and manage a range of facility projects, including complex multi-year engagements. Must have critical evaluation skills to unearth root cause issues and develop a range of solutions to present to and advocate for with owner.
- Routinely perform property inspections, review asset conditions, and make recommendations for improvements and preventative maintenance practices. Investigate chronic or recurring issues, develop solutions, and make programing adjustments as needed.
- Provide on-call support to ULI Operations Team.
- Work closely with the Commercial Leasing and Construction team and the Director of People, Talent, and Culture to update and develop tenant on-boarding strategies designed to enhance the tenant experience, and that emphasize ULI’s commitment to culture and exceptional service.
- Collect, analyze, and report on tenant and employee feedback to advance actionable improvements to ULI’s buildings, service delivery model, and community.
- Work collaboratively with the Commercial Leasing and Construction team on building design development, including the “look and feel” of common areas and public spaces with the goal of creating Class A spaces that are inviting, comfortable, and functional, while balancing tenant experience with fiscal responsibility for the Owners.
- Develop and administer Tenant recognition and appreciation events, as well as value-add services.
- Assist with Tenant dispute resolution and collections, as needed.
- Review current practices and identify opportunities for improvement in service delivery model.
- Maintain knowledge of current industry trends and best practices.
- Initiate or participate in lease renewal or modification conversations with existing tenants including identifying effective and cost-efficient storage space solutions for both tenant and building owner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Real Estate Management, Consumer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in Tenant (or Customer) Services, Property or Hotel Management or related positions within commercial property management or Hospitality for 10+ years.
- Demonstrated understanding of commercial property management and tenant management.
- Experience working with property and tenant management information systems is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment but will require frequent visits to tenant spaces which may include unfinished spaces from time to time.