Red Caboose Child Care
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote an organized culture that fosters a passion for the mission, collaboration, open and frequent communication, creative thinking, and a common organizational vision.
- Maintain accountability for the operational and fiscal integrity of the organization. Guide and support the staff and Board of Directors in establishing goals and developing policies, procedures, budgets, and programs that fulfill the mission of Red Caboose Child Care.
- Work in partnership with the Development project manager(s) to work toward reaching the capital campaign goals. Enhance long-term strategic fundraising efforts with clear strategies and strong relationships with individual and corporate donors.
- Serve as the face of Red Caboose Child Care; build and maintain relationships throughout the Madison area by working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations. Remain active and visible in the community among a diverse group of children, parents, and staff.
- Lead the vision for the future of Red Caboose; lead a strategic planning process to identify changes in strategy and direction for the long-term health of Red Caboose and implement that vision with the board and staff.
- Provide oversight of the financial operations of Red Caboose; create and manage the annual budgets, monitor actual financial performance relative to budgets, provide required reports to the Board and outside agencies.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Authentic passion for the Red Caboose Child Care mission.
- Strong interpersonal skills to compellingly communicate the vision and value of Red Caboose Child Care across a variety of key stakeholder groups, building relationships across business and philanthropic communities, city leaders, the academic community, and the public.
- Experience leading a nonprofit organization, including working with a Board of Directors, engaging future board members, and leading/managing a staff.
- Proven ability to foster a healthy organizational culture, with the management skills to encourage teamwork and collaboration to meet goals, and the emotional intelligence to inspire, support, and develop staff.
- Proven experience in successful fund development, grant writing, donor relations, advancement and philanthropy with a consultative, collaborative and strategic approach. Experience leading a capital campaign strongly desired.
- Experience leading the development of a strategic plan with board and staff, with the project management skills to ensure it is successfully implemented.
- Strong financial and operational acumen; direct experience with budget development and management, and P&L oversight.
- A proven penchant for continual learning, to creatively evolve to meet the needs of the future and the ability to successfully lead those new initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college required.