Inside Sales & Technical Service Director
Confidential QTI Client - Madison Area
The QTI Group is recruiting for an Inside Technical Sales & Service Director for a Madison-area client. Serving on the company’s leadership team, you will develop and implement technical service level standards, metrics, and goals for the Internal Sales & Service Department. Leverage your technical engineering experience to lead the rock star internal sales & support team!
- Develop and implement the Internal Sales strategy, business plan, policies, and procedures in support of the overall company strategy, goals, and objectives, while coordinating activities with other departments such as Sales, Production, and Supply Chain.
- Manage all Internal Sales operations and technical sales support, including efficient processing of transactions, basic (level 1) technical questions, order entry and tracking, sales follow-up, customer returns, invoices, payments, discounts and customer communications and administrative activities.
- Serve as a technical leader and engineering resource to team members as they seek to solve industrial customer needs.
- Coach and mentor team to ensure they have adequate technical training and support to develop value-added skills to consistently exceed customer expectations.
- Assess team structure and make recommendations to prioritize and serve customers while positioning the team to support future growth.
- Leverage contact center systems experience to identify opportunities to optimize technology to serve customers efficiently and effectively.
- Identify quantitative and qualitative performance metrics while serving as a coach and mentor to technical inside sales team members.
- Investigate and resolve escalated customer issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to enhance operations.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with new and existing customers to retain business and promote revenue growth opportunities.
Desired Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in technical customer service, or related field.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to share knowledge to coach and develop technical team members; knowledge of the power transmission or similar mechanical industry is a plus!
- Senior level supervisory experience, leading multi-level technical application engineering or customer support teams.
- Skilled cross-functional collaborator and leader.
- Experience with SAP Order Entry and Materials modules desired.