President and Chief Executive Officer
Graduate School of Banking
- Effective strategic leadership with the ability to forecast strategic priorities and needs of the organization focused on program and enrollment growth.
- Innovative thought leader with management experience in evolving finance and educational industries/sectors.
- Strategically lead the exploration of, and direction for, innovation for the banking education industry.
- Work with the Trustees and GSB/PEF advisory boards and committees in developing, assessing, and implementing the organization’s long-range strategic plan.
- Effectively monitor and address the needs of the changing landscape of the banking industry.
- Build and enhance relationships with the GSB Banker Advisory Board and alumni, GSB Curriculum Advisory Committee and faculty, officials at the University of Wisconsin Madison, sponsoring state bankers associations, current and prospective students, other graduate schools, and partner organizations.
- Serve as the primary liaison for the GSB/PEF Board of Trustees.
- Effectively represent GSB/PEF as a public spokesperson and ambassador.
- Oversee the public image and brand of GSB as a premier banking education program.
- Lead and manage a hybrid staff of 8 employees and 100+ faculty members who are independent contractors.
- Serve as the primary human resource management contact and administrator for the organization which includes performance management, employee benefits and compensation, and organization structure.
- Manage the operational structure of the organization to accomplish its mission and meet the financial goals of GSB/PEF.
- Manage an annual budget of $4 million, total combined assets for GSB/PEF of $10 million.
- Partner with the CFO in developing the annual budget, budget processes, financial projections, forecasting, and monitoring ongoing financial activities.
- Ability to anticipate market shifts, technological advancement, and industry trends, leading proactive initiatives to capitalize on emerging opportunities in the education sector related to banking.
- Lead the development and evaluation of educational programs and tools for the banking industry.
- Demonstrate strong aptitude for technology and primary oversight of GSB’s FiSim bank management simulation product including R&D decisions with hired software management companies to identify additional target uses outside of GSB; financial and business plan oversight; and ongoing platform maintenance for the best student experience possible.
- Manage and deliver high-quality educational programs through various delivery methods including in-person, virtual, hybrid, and flexible learning.
- Assure high-quality curriculum, sustainable educational programs, platforms, and tools that serve the school’s missions.
- 10+ years of Senior Leadership in banking, financial services, or higher education with at least 3 years in an Executive level position.
- An appreciation of academics and an understanding of adult education in the banking and financial services industry, including demonstrated leadership in the development of educational programs and tools.
- Proven track record of cultivating and leveraging strategic industry collaborations and relationships that drive innovation and program results.
- Demonstrated financial acumen and experience managing multi-million-dollar budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in banking, finance, business, or related degree.
Target Start Date: June 1, 2024. This provides an opportunity for onboarding and a smooth transition with the retiring President & CEO.
Compensation Range: $175,000 – $240,000, with the potential for an annual bonus of up to 15%.
Employee Benefit Highlights: Comprehensive benefits package includes generous employer contribution toward family health insurance premiums and HSA account; 100% employer-paid Dental, Vision, and Life insurance. Affordable group rates for Dependent Life and Long-Term Disability insurance are available; and substantial 401(k) employer contribution of up to 10%.
Travel Requirements: 20-25%, primarily domestic travel.