Accounting Operations Specialist
- Madison, WI
- Direct Hire - Full Time
Credit Union National Association is recruiting for an Accounting Operations Specialist via
QTI Executive & Professional Search.
Credit Union National Association (CUNA) is the most influential financial services trade association and the only national association that advocates on behalf of all of America's credit unions. We’ve been named a Top Workplace for two years in a row by the Wisconsin State Journal (WSJ).
Credit Union National Association is excited to announce an opening for an Accounting Operations Specialist to join their finance team. The Accounting Operations Specialist will be responsible for providing management information by research and analyzing accounts. This individual will be responsible for processing payroll, the day-to-day cash application functions, general ledger and banking transactions, bank reconciliations, and primary contact for customer account cash application questions. In addition, may provide backup to other areas of accounting in collaboration with the Accounting Operations Manager and Controller.
Accounting Operations Support
- Primary responsibility for the coordination and proper entry of deposits and non-check disbursements, including daily creation of cash batches for internal Personify users to process customer payments.
- Ensure reconciliations are completed on a timely basis in connection with the monthly close.
- Reconcile the clearing accounts associated with the cash systems monthly.
- Record deposits into the general ledger system.
- Coordinate the general AR statements monthly. Respond to requests from customers regarding payments.
- Review all outstanding AR greater than 60 days and assist in collections with departments and/or external clients.
- Responsible for preparing/posting and reconciling intercompany, internal, & external billing entries recorded via journal entry.
- Perform all CUNA & Affiliate bank reconciliations
- Responsible for receiving, scrapping and completing necessary adjustments to inventory products. Establish average unit costs for all inventory products utilizing vendor invoice documents. Perform ledger to subsystem reconciliations for all inventory accounts and prepare monthly reconciliations for completeness and accuracy. Monitor product pricing and setups to ensure system accuracy.
- Assist the Accounting Generalist in the entry of Accounts Payable as needed
- Special project work and other tasks as assigned by Accounting Operations Manager, or other members of Finance Management team
- Make certain accounting operations procedures provide proper controls to comply with department/corporate policies as well as government and GAAP compliance and reporting requirements.
- Administrative support includes monitoring fiscal and monetary expenditures with authorization to take corrective action with manager’s approval recommending alternative actions to management.
- Prepare schedules and process bi-weekly payroll monthly.
- Ensure that the calculation of earnings and deductions are accurate and completed in a timely manner, in compliance with Federal, State, local laws, and employee contracts. Collaborate with Human Resources, as necessary.
- Process payroll information associated with newly hired employees, terminated employees, wage verification, withholding allowances, pay rate changes, status changes, benefit deductions, payroll garnishments and direct deposits.
- Assist/backup in the generation, reviewing, verification and proper accounting and accuracy for all payroll transactions, journal entries, benefits, and accruals.
Backup to other accounting functional areas
- Occasional Overtime and irregular hours. Potential for mandatory overtime up to 10 hours per week during month-end and year-end close, some special projects or new system implementations.
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience required
- Not-for-profit experience required
- 3 years of practical accounts receivable experience required
- Minimum of 2 years payroll processing using and HRIS system.
- Experience working in Personify, Great Plains, Brightkey, Paylocity, Concur preferred
- Ability to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Spreadsheet analysis and reconciliation in Excel
- Strong customer service orientation including the ability to create partnerships and trusted relationships with departments
- Strong analytical skills to efficiently evaluate A/R, trends, past-due customers, and allowance balance analysis
- Accounting skills to effectively interface with accounting team and manage AR and deferred G/L accounts
- Discretion, accuracy, and clarity in communication required
Passionate / Collaborative / Inclusive / Authentic / Accountable (our Values)
Internal job grade: KN