Credit Union National Association is recruiting for an Administrative Assistant – Part-Time, Hybrid, Flexible via The QTI Group.
Credit Union National Association (CUNA) is the most influential financial services trade association and the only national association that advocates on behalf of all of America's credit unions. We’ve been named a Top Workplace for two years in a row by the Wisconsin State Journal (WSJ).
Credit Union National Association is excited to announce an opening for an Administrative Assistant – Part-Time, Hybrid, Flexible. This role will provide broad administrative support for the facilities and human resources teams. Ideal candidates will have experience in data entry, front desk service, invoice processing, and general administrative support. Candidates must have good customer service skills and be able to navigate multiple computer systems confidently.
This position will be considered hybrid with a blend of remote and in-office work at CUNA’s Washington, D.C. location. The individual in this role is scheduled to work 30 hours per week and must be in-office every Monday.
- Provide Human Resource functional support; which may include, but is not limited to: disseminating information to employees; reconciling invoices, insurance billings, and other HR vendor payments; processing benefit and other employee transactions; employment verification, reconciling payroll and other data entry; payroll support including time card audits, time off approvals and adjustments; supporting the recruitment process by preparing job postings; running and coordinating new employee orientation; and maintaining confidential employee files and information.
- Provide broad-based and confidential administrative support to HR Management. May include special project support, report and/or presentation creation, document creation, information maintenance on the organization’s intranet, general employee service support, among others.
- Enter and control data from confidential employee records in the organization’s Human Resource Information Systems (i.e., benefits, wage, grade, supervisor, facility information). For new hires, launches onboarding task within Paylocity. Maintains workflow of Onboarding and Offboarding HR Admin tasks within the JIRA (IT Ticketing system). Reviews source documents for accuracy and completion of data input and verifies information to ensure accuracy across all HR actions taken within and through the system. This includes running and distributing reports and information, as well as timesheet process administration.
- Prepare invoices for payment by coding and gathering necessary approval signatures. Verify invoice amounts and disputes incorrect billing. Confirm at the end of each month that all invoices have been received and paid by tracking data and maintaining the invoice monthly spreadsheet to include the use of Financial Software Great Plains.
- Perform front desk services, including greeting visitors, accepting mail and packages, placing orders for messenger service, and tracing lost packages.
- Use online portal to allow access of visitors and guests.
- Serve as point of contact for the facilities vendor which handles security badge management, lounge and office supplies, office repair needs, building access requests, and other office/facility setup and related needs.
- Serve as a liaison to both the vendor and to building landlord for day-to-day support.
- Maintain vendor relationships by conducting routine vendor comparisons to ensure continued excellent service and competitive pricing.
- Look for new vendor services to have on hand as backup in the event of vendor failure.
- Participate in and support the employee team that leads various employee engagement activities from recognition/service activities and events to social activities and events. This includes, but not limited to: Employee Summer & Holiday Events, Wellness Week activities, International Credit Union Day, among others.
- High School Diploma required. Associate’s degree in business, human resources, or other similar field preferred or relevant experience in lieu of education.
- Two (2) years of administration experience, with proven success handling complex and confidential issues, interactions, and information
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel (i.e., formulas, look-up tables), Word (i.e., merges), PowerPoint, and Outlook required
- Experience with a database reporting software; including data entry and report writing required
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to handle customer requests with tact & diplomacy
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
CUNA is an equal opportunity employer. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. At CUNA, we believe our differences are our strength, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Passionate / Collaborative / Inclusive / Authentic / Accountable (our Values)
Internal job grade: 6