Advocacy Marketing Specialist
- Washington, DC
- Direct Hire - Full Time
Credit Union National Association is recruiting for an Advocacy Marketing Specialist via QTI Executive & Professional Search.
Credit Union National Association (CUNA) is the most influential financial services trade association and the only national association that advocates on behalf of all of America's credit unions. We’ve been named a Top Workplace for two years in a row by the Wisconsin State Journal (WSJ).
Credit Union National Association is excited to announce an opening for an Advocacy Marketing Specialist to work out of the Washington, D.C. location. This integral role will work on a range of marketing-related projects in a fast-paced environment and will act as a key contributor to the advocacy team.
- Coordinate and implement marketing, communications, and advertising plans for internal, League, credit union, and member customers that will support established strategic goals.
- Participate in identifying needs, objectives, and target audiences with advocacy team and communications managers.
- Participate and recommend solutions in the marketing/communications planning process.
- Coordinate and implement the design, production, and distribution of digital and print materials. This includes responsibility for planning one’s own workload to achieve and ensure the project is completed on time and within budget.
- Provide direction on projects, ensure quality and accuracy of marketing activities.
- Develop, implement, and use effective measures and analysis to capture and record results from each marketing initiative.
- Analyze projects and recommend promotional solutions to business area leaders for communication projects that are standalone (not part of a larger, strategic campaign.) Ensure communication objectives, and that both internal customer needs and audience needs, are met.
- Develop, implement, and monitor marketing quality control procedures and standards used in the creation and distribution of CUNA's marketing initiatives.
- Monitor all projects to ensure compliance with established CUNA communication guidelines and procedures. Facilitate rewrites and approval as necessary to be in compliance.
- Other projects & duties may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree Marketing or related field or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience working in a trade association, advocacy marketing/communications, or the financial services industry preferred.
- Ability to work under tight shifting deadlines, time crunches, and manage multiple projects in different stages.
- A high level of attention to detail required
- Experience with agencies, website updates, and general marketing functions.
- Experience with marketing plans and input into the creative process of evolving promotions and marketing campaigns.
- Experience in pulling data from multiple databases with comprehension of query and report generation.
- Ability to establish and manage timelines, along with overall project management experience.
- Social media, graphics arts or print shop experience
- Outstanding communications skills, project management, team building, and collaboration.
- Ability to travel 5-10 days per year
Passionate / Collaborative / Inclusive / Authentic / Accountable (our Values)
Internal job grade: 7