The QTI Group is partnering with a growing manufacturer in the greater Madison area to hire an Application Engineer. The Application Engineer will support both internal and external customers, providing remote and on-site technical support for AC Vector Drive products. The ideal candidate will have a background in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and serve as a technical expert on related products and applications.
- Provide technical and field service support to customers supporting AC vector drives communicating with PLCs in automated systems.
- Provide technical expertise to internal and external customers with an emphasis on VFD motors and decentralized products.
- Travel to domestic sites as required for sales presentations, evaluation of customer needs and technical support.
- Assist in the creation of sales tools, marketing documentation and product launches.
- Provide virtual and/or on-site post-sales support to customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering required.
- 5-7 years of engineering experience within a manufacturing environment with an emphasis on AC Vector Drive and other related components.
- Exceed customer quality and service expectations through attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once while communicating between engineering teams.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.