Automation Controls Engineer
- Madison, WI
- Direct Hire - Full Time
- First Shift
The QTI Group is recruiting for an Automation Controls Engineer to join our client near Madison, Wisconsin.
Our client's ownership group has over 125 combined years of industry experience and founded their organization in 2011 to develop and build innovative equipment supporting the insulated glass and window fabrication industries. Since inception, focus has centered on building high-speed, highly automated and cost-effective solutions. While a nimble, fast-paced environment, the company also values family and appropriate work/life balance. The addition of the Automation Controls Engineer will further strengthen their capabilities. Travel for this role will be less than 25%
- Cradle to grave troubleshooting of automation control equipment including:
- PLC programming of Beckhoff PLC equipment
- Creating and modifying ladder logic, structured text & function block diagrams
- HMI development on multiple platforms
- Systems integration
- Equipment debug
- Programming and operator screen development and ability to understand and write wiring schematics.
- Knowledge and experience with Ethernet communications and data transfer to other systems.
- Strong customer communication skills including verbal and writing.
- Ability to work with an entire prototype and design team to complete a machine on time and on budget.
- Ability to read and interpret written work instructions, technical manuals, and wiring diagrams
- Knowledge and understanding of personal computers and use of Microsoft such as Word and Excel.
- Vision system integrations and robotics will be a plus but are not required.
- AS degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent combination of an Engineering Technology degree and relevant work experience.
- 3+ years of machine control and programming experience (Beckhoff, Allen Bradley, Siemens, Rockwell all desirable).
- Factory floor troubleshooting experience.
- Mechanically inclined, strong problem-solving skills.
Our client offers dental and health benefits, paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) and profit-sharing bonus based on company performance.