Business Development Associate
- Remote, WI
- Direct Hire - Full Time
- Cust Svc/Sales
Credit Union National Association is recruiting for a Business Development Associate via The QTI Group.
Credit Union National Association (CUNA) is the most influential financial services trade association and the only national association that advocates on behalf of all of America's credit unions. We’ve been named a Top Workplace for two years in a row by the Wisconsin State Journal (WSJ).
Credit Union National Association is excited to announce two openings for their Business Development Associate position. This position informs credit unions about CUNA’s products and services. They act as the point of contact for new clients in their assigned territories and they will coordinate with CUNA team members, sales, and marketing professionals to review current market trends. They’ll propose new business ideas to improve revenue while working with credit unions to secure new business based on their needs.
This position is fully remote based out of any of the following states: Colorado, District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, North Carolina, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.
- Build market position by locating, developing, defining, and closing new business relationships while meeting or exceeding annual sales goal.
- Analyze business processes and identify opportunities to generate additional revenue.
- Identify and research potential clients present solution based on customer needs.
- Develop and manage relationships with new lead customers creating opportunities and pipeline.
- Increase client base and product line penetration and average products sold to individual credit unions.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams on growth strategy, GTM and product innovation.
- Communicate with Account Manager to ensure contracts are executed as agreed.
- Negotiate contract terms with clients and communicate with stakeholders.
- Gather useful information from customer and competitor data.
- Prepare and give presentations to prospective clients and internal executives.
- Develop mutually beneficial proposals.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communication, or relevant experience in lieu of education.
- 3+ years of business-to-business new sales development experience.
- Experience working to exceed targets.
- Experience researching business opportunities and viable income streams.
- Experience with design and implementation of business development growth strategy and plans.
- In-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition is necessary.
- Ability to be self-motivated and goal focused.
- Ability to write business proposals.
- Proven ability to draft, negotiate, review, and secure contracts with decision makers and stakeholders.
- Ability to identify and map business strengths and customer needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong conflict resolution and overcoming objections skills required.
- Analytical, negotiation, organizational skills required.
- Ability to travel 30+ days per year.
CUNA is an equal opportunity employer. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. At CUNA, we believe our differences are our strength, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Passionate / Collaborative / Inclusive / Authentic / Accountable (our values)
Internal job grade: 10/10m