- Belmont, WI
- Direct Hire - Full Time
- First Shift
Do you want to work for a company that offers immediate benefit eligibility, cares about their employees, has offered $4,300,000 to the communities they serve, and is continuing to safely produce their essential products to all of you by following the suggested local and global health experts during these difficult times? Then apply for the Cheesemaker position today! Pay will be based on experience!
- Work with supervisory team and intake/pasteurization team to strive to
ensure production targets and goals are achieved according to schedule.
- Prepare and facilitate cheese tank operation, including but not limited to: monitoring
temperature, PH, volume of tank, adding cultures and rennet, etc.
- Ensure cheese press system is accurately set up. Complete pump overs into press from
tanks. Monitor cheese moistures throughout the process.
- Accurately input data into computer software.
- Prepare samples of cheese and whey for lab for further testing.
- Facilitate proper tank wash and set up for next vat pasteurization. Monitor CIP charts
for state records.
- Perform routine quality checks to ensure product meets required specifications (i.e.
temperature, moisture, coding/identification, etc.); documenting all verification
- Operation of C.I.P. and C.O.P. systems. Sanitize production equipment within the
specified guidelines. Reviews cleaning procedures to help ensure the procedures are
bring followed and result in clean equipment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Wisconsin Cheesemaker License, or the ability to obtain (training paid for and provided by client). Must receive within 1 year of placement.
- Prior knowledge of cheesemaking, diary ingredients and product processing
- Ability to work in manufacturing environment which includes, but not limited to:
standing/walking on concrete, noise, changing temperatures (hot, wet, cold, and
humid), routine bending/stooping/twisting/pushing/pulling, lifting 20-40 lbs., climbing
stairs, maneuvering around manufacturing equipment throughout shift.
- Working with sanitation chemicals, wearing personal protective equipment and
following approved chemical handling procedures.