Data Analytics Development Engineer
- Madison, WI
- Contractor - Full Time
- First Shift
- Information Technology
The QTI Group has partnered with a Madison-based client to recruit for a Data Analytics Development Engineer to join their Data Science and Analytics Lab (DSAL) on a long term contract in Madison, Wisconsin. Our team of data scientists and software engineers are dedicated to finding and delivering value around the Insurtech space. DSAL is roughly five years old, and based on our success, we are looking to grow and take on more technology opportunities. We look for software engineers with a breadth of experience, with an appetite for learning, and with a willingness to collaborate. Our team is entirely cloud-based (mainly AWS) and we have the autonomy and responsibility of managing our own infrastructure. We take CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, and general automation seriously. Everyone codes. Our stack for day-to-day development and operations looks something like: GitLab, Docker, Python, AWS (we use a number of their services), Packer, Terraform, Consul, Vault, Datadog, Okta, and Slack.
- Work with ETL (extract data, transform it, and load it) tools like Informatica, enterprise reporting tools like Tableau, Business objects.
- Familiarity or experience working on Hadoop platforms.
- Projects range from machine and deep learning model development, to IoT and other data stream processing, to venture capital analysis of technology firms, etc.
- Experience with the following tools and platforms:? GitLab, Docker, Python, AWS (we use a number of their services), Packer, Terraform, Consul, Vault, Datadog, Okta, and Slack
- 3+ years' professional work experience, preferably in the insurance technology space
- Inquisitive nature with desire to learn and grow