Credit Union National Association is recruiting for a Data Quality Analyst via
The QTI Group.
Credit Union National Association (CUNA) is the most influential financial services trade association and the only national association that advocates on behalf of all of America's credit unions. We’ve been named a Top Workplace for two years in a row by the Wisconsin State Journal (WSJ).
Credit Union National Association is excited to announce an opening for a Data Quality Analyst to join their Data Management and Business Systems team. This role supports the efforts to mature data management practices with a focus on Data Analysis, Data Governance, and Data Quality. The Data Quality Analyst will work with the different business areas and CUNA’s affiliate partners to evaluate and develop data strategies, processes, and procedures that will help drive CUNA’s transformation into a data-driven organization. The Data Quality Analyst will be responsible for analyzing and understanding existing reports, data mappings and lineage, identifying data gaps, and developing and validating quality metrics. This candidate must be an effective communicator (both verbal and written), organized with effective time management skills, demonstrate a willingness to learn, be an independent thinker, adapt to a rapidly changing environment, and must possess the highest standards of behavior, collaboration, and work ethics that are critical to CUNA’s core values.
This position will be mostly remote with the flexibility of traveling into the Madison, Wisconsin office once a month.
- Support Data Management strategy and enhancements by following the established Data Governance framework and roadmap.
- Lead data quality activities through collaboration with other members of the Data Governance Organization, Data Custodians (IT) and Business Data Owners and Data Stewards.
- Work with Business Units to proactively monitor, measure, analyze, track and report on data quality and data quality issues.
- Create and execute data quality metrics, processes, and procedures.
- Drive the selection, maintenance, and strategic implementation of an Enterprise Data Catalog solution for CUNA.
- Assist in root cause analysis, investigating data errors or anomalies, and supporting the implementation of solutions to rectify data issues.
- Architect solutions to improve data quality by leveraging descriptive and advanced analytical methods.
- Perform audits on key data elements to ensure data integrity.
- Monitor inbound data for new data elements to map and maintain that follow approved Data Governance policies.
- Assist with maintenance of data mapping documentation.
- Conduct test plans for validation of data mapping and data accuracy.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed to support the reporting and business intelligence needs of the business.
- Leverage the insights generated to provide data-driven information that can be used to support critical business decisions.
- Bachelors or Advanced degree in information technology, business, or related field; or relevant experience in lieu of education.
- 3+ years of experience in Data Analysis, Data Warehousing, or Data Quality disciplines.
- Advanced proficiency with SQL and Python is required.
- Experience with reporting and visualization tools, especially Power BI, is essential.
- Understanding and experience with dimensional data warehouse and data lake architecture.
- Experience in the financial services industry, especially with Credit Unions is ideal.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to initiate and drive projects proactively and accurately.
- Ability to travel into the office at least once a month.
CUNA is an equal opportunity employer. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. At CUNA, we believe our differences are our strength, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Passionate / Collaborative / Inclusive / Authentic / Accountable (our values)
Internal job grade: 11m