- Madison, WI
- Direct Hire - Full Time
Credit Union National Association is recruiting for a Digital Editor/Producer via
QTI Executive & Professional Search.
Credit Union National Association (CUNA) is the most influential financial services trade association and the only national association that advocates on behalf of all of America's credit unions. We’ve been named a Top Workplace for two years in a row by the Wisconsin State Journal (WSJ).
Credit Union National Association is excited to announce an opening for a Deputy Editor, Digital. This integral role to the Publishing team creates audio and video, particularly podcast production and audio elements. This role provides editorial judgment and storytelling applied to develop creative audio, visual, and webs elements for CUNA Publishing platforms. The digital editor/producer in this role will foster a collaborative team, develop strategies, and execute the unit’s business plan.
Digital Content Creation and Management:
- Apply editorial skills to develop creative audio, visual, and web elements to tell stories via a variety of digital platforms/channels including a daily news website, podcast, slideshows, and video.
- Maintain quality, consistency, and brand persona across media types and platforms.
- Collaborate with deputy editor and business development team to drive further engagement through targeted emails, content analysis, analytics, and advertising, especially related to signature sponsored campaigns and development of other campaigns.
- Plan multimedia editorial coverage with the editorial team at CUNA conferences throughout the year.
Management and Communications (Team, leadership, constituents):
- Directly manage the team responsible for optimizing Publishing’s digital products.
- Provide coaching and professional development opportunities.
- Ensure staff is working to capabilities and meeting the multimedia content needs of the department.
- Foster a culture of collaboration and teamwork.
- Provide recommendations, feedback, and insight to unit lead on how the team’s talents can continually support CUNA’s overall mission and unit priorities.
- Manage content related to weekly newsletters and explore other engagement efforts in conjunction with business development team goals and needs.
- Work regularly with marketing to integrate website exclusive articles/messaging in broader audience emails.
Digital Ongoing Management:
- Manage ongoing relationships with content management system providers and other web resource providers.
- Troubleshoot problems as needed and determine proper solutions.
- Manage design updates with the appropriate team.
- Continually look for ways to add value and ensure that Publishing channels and digital products are meeting the needs/expectations of readers and advertisers/partners.
- Evaluate surveys and analytics and recommend changes to support the strategic vision.
- Work with core teams to identify and implement upgraded web resources and design updates.
- Oversee web governance including data hygiene, keywords, search, and taxonomy.
- Explore search engine optimization strategy and social media strategies to increase website engagement with readers.
- Drive the process for identifying and implementing upgraded web resources, design updates, and digital offerings.
- With unit lead, analyze various vendor products and determine relevant features/benefits. This could include RFPs to additional vendors.
- Oversee magazine’s social media and email marketing efforts in conjunction with advertising staff.
- Be aware of the department budgets especially related to website functionality and improvements with digital tools, advertising, team travel, and freelancing.
- Provide input on the overall budget for items related to these areas.
- Work with unit lead on strategy and business plans for digital products as appropriate and budget needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, digital journalism, communications, or relevant experience in lieu of education.
- 5+ years of experience in publishing, including digital publishing.
- Experience with business planning and budgeting, staff management, and project management is preferred.
- Digital editing experience preferred.
- Extensive experience in podcast production (trafficking, script writing, and direction, recording, post-production, and editing).
- Exceptional storytelling skills to produce high-quality original content, such as slideshows, videos, charts/graphs, animation, and podcasts.
- Management experience within a collaborative environment.
- Attention to detail and project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple deadlines.
- Experience with content management systems, digital technology, and editing software packages (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite).
- Experience with digital engagement and measurement tools (e.g., Google and Twitter analytics) along with data analysis is a plus.
- On-camera experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of AP style.
Passionate / Collaborative / Inclusive / Authentic / Accountable (our Values)
Internal job grade: 11m