Director, National Sales
- Verona, WI
- Direct Hire - Full Time
- Cust Svc/Sales
About Full Compass Systems
For nearly 45 years, the company’s success has been built on relationships. Sure, Full Compass offers great prices and product selection, but it’s the conversations and consultations they have with their customers that really matters. In addition to offering over 800 top equipment brands from across the Pro Audio, Video and Lighting industry, they also provide equipment rentals (available in Wisconsin only). Plus, they’re an authorized service center and parts distributor for most of the major manufacturers they carry.
The Full Compass Promise
- To provide customers with a convenient, one-stop resource for an unsurpassed assortment of top-quality products and solutions that help customers achieve goals and stay within budget. Full Compass works with Fortune 100 companies and start-ups; no project or order is too large or too small.
- To provide clarity and personalized service in a world of increasingly complicated technology and impersonal attention. From answering simple questions to offering thorough after-purchase care, they strive to be the go-to source for friendly, expert, and easy-to-understand advice and support. If a customer’s next equipment purchase isn’t through Full Compass, they haven’t done their job.
- To treat customers, partners, and employees like family–because after all, they’re a family-owned business. They’ll earn business with honesty, integrity, respect, and undivided attention. They are committed to providing an unequaled, end-to-end customer experience by consistently exceeding expectations.
Located in Madison, Wisconsin, the Director, National Sales will develop, motivate, and lead a National Telesales Sales team, as well as implement key growth sales strategies, tactics, and action plans. Successful execution of these strategies is required to achieve company financial targets. The Director, National Sales will inspire and lead the team to hit annual targets and KPIs at both the company level and the individual Salesperson level, building relationships and understanding customer trends.
Essential Job Functions
- Implements strategic sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Achieves satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards, industry, and economic trends.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop sales associates and commission programs.
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes, and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Directs market channel development activity within the sales department.
- Manages and works with the Manager, Sales Operations to improve workflow processes, coordination of sales lead and bid distribution, and the establishing of sales territories, quotas, and goals for the fiscal year.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Meets with key clients as required, assists sales representative with maintaining relationships, negotiating, and closing deals. Builds trust, empathy, and rapport with stakeholders to underpin mutually beneficial business outcomes.
- Monitors competitor products, sales, and marketing activities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Represents company at trade association shows.
- Coordinates liaison between sales department and other departments in the company to facilitate a best in class customer experience.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience Required
- Business Degree, BA degree – MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of Sales Management Experience, preferably in a dynamic change-orientated environment.
- Experience in coaching, leading, and developing sales teams, in a competitive environment, with unique and dynamic personalities.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the ProAV/IT/Unified Communications Industries.
- Understand current industry trends across a wide range of vertical markets and be able to effectively communicate to direct reports and Executive stakeholders within the business.
- Familiar with Antitrust laws and FTC regulations.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft Office, and Tableau.
- Ability to occasionally travel (up to 15%)
- Relationship-Oriented: Astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal. Acts with integrity and strong ethics to ensure best practices and to foster trust at all levels.
- Strong Communicator: Exceptional oral and written communication and relationship management skill with and among board, staff, and community partners locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Collaborative: Meaningfully engages staff and partners for improved and continuous improvement of service.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to exceptional quality of data and information provided; committed to the attainment of shared and measurable goals.
- Problem Solver: Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and to gather and analyze information skillfully to make sound decisions.
- Team-Builder: Supports and respects the staff; fosters commitment, trust, and unified goals among all. Listens, supports, and encourages others to hold one another accountable for team successes without micromanaging.
- Continual Learner: Natural interest in adapting and staying current with changes in industry; creates opportunities for learning for staff.
- Technologically-savvy: Possess an appetite for employing new technology to better enable staff and services.
- Innovative: Possesses a creative and aspirational approach when thinking about products and services. Creates and embraces new ideas and strategies.