Director of Retail Sales
- Waunakee, WI
- Direct Hire - Full Time
- First Shift
The QTI Group in partnership with Uniek is recruiting to hire a Director of Retail Sales to be based near the greater Madison, WI or Bentonville, AR areas
We are recruiting an experienced sales professional with a demonstrated record of success selling consumer products to big box stores and off-price channels.
The ideal candidate will have home décor category experience.
If you are passionate about selling home décor products, understand design trends, know big box retail and excel at building strong relationships, we are looking for you!
The Director of Retail Sales is responsible for providing strategic and tactical leadership skills to the retail department. This position will be responsible for maximizing sales growth by utilizing both analytical skills and interpersonal skills to build and maintain strong business relationships, identify opportunities, and execute plans. The position will also work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate strategic objectives are defined and goals are achieved.
In order to thrive in this position, the ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Retail/Mass market sales experience with home décor or other CPGS.
- Experience with day-to-day account management and communication.
- Ability to manage multiple project details and priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain and cultivate long-term relationships and accounts.
- Proactively seeks out and acquires incremental sales.
- Thrives in a collaborative, high-energy workplace.
- Collaborate with design and marketing on sales strategies to achieve sales goals and revenues.
- Directs cross functional team to achieve a sales objective (gives priorities).
- Act as a conduit to identify and deliver new product ideas/ product evolution suggestions, and merchandising improvements to customers.
- Development (with marketing) and delivery of sales presentations and proposals.
- Work with forecasting and planning team(s) to set and manage annual customer forecasts.
- Participate in monthly forecast reviews and updates based on customer changes and sales trends.
- Participate in market assessment analysis to determine opportunities for customer reviews.
- Cultivate effective business relationships with buyers on key accounts.
- Work with Marketing on P&L’s for new product proposals.
- Travel (in the post-pandemic world) for customer meetings and presentations – approximately 35%.
- Weekly sales analysis and summary report to Executive Staff.
- Directly manage national accounts.
- Direct and help manage all internal activity including customer service, forecasting, marketing, purchasing, and operations.
- Develop sales strategies for gaining additional business in line.
- Develop an annual promotional plan.
Establish routine appointments with accounts to review the current status, financials, updates, and POS.
- Business graduate with 5-10 years of sales, or sales/management experience.
- Experience in all aspects of planning and implementing sales strategies.
- Solid conceptual and strategic skills along with analytical skills.
- Ability to plan and execute while demonstrating appropriate flexibility.
- Strong ability to gain cooperation and respect from internal and external team members.
- Thorough understanding of selling National Accounts – Walmart experience a plus.