Finance Business Partner
- Washington, DC
- Direct Hire - Full Time
Credit Union National Association is recruiting for a Finance Business Partner via
QTI Executive & Professional Search.
Credit Union National Association (CUNA) is the most influential financial services trade association and the only national association that advocates on behalf of all of America's credit unions. We’ve been named a Top Workplace for two years in a row by the Wisconsin State Journal (WSJ).
Credit Union National Association is excited to announce an opening for a Finance Business Partner. This integral role to the Finance team is a dedicated financial point of contact for aligned strategic units and advises those units to support and drive their strategic decision-making. This individual will own one or more functional centers of excellence, integrate finance into daily operations, and prepare and review financial statements.
Consultative advisor to business units:
- Dedicated Financial point of contact for aligned strategic units and advises those units to support and drive their strategic decision-making.
- Provide financial trends and insights, risk consultation, market factors and the impact on business, effective presentations, various analyses, and dialogue with unit leaders.
- Provide financial reporting narratives to support the business and enable management decision-making.
- Develop finance business partner team to provide consistent consulting back to the business.
Budgets & Projections and Business & Financial Planning:
- Integrate finance into the daily operations of assigned business units.
- Provide financial forecasting and budget modeling with financial guidance connected to strategy execution.
- Update and discuss monthly projections and share insights that guide the financials of the business unit.
- Prepare, produce, and review financial statements with the responsibility of leading month-end close activities for assigned strategic units.
- Prepare and post journal entries, monthly financial projects, and decisions made on projects.
- Communicate and interpret financial reports back to strategic units, integrate narratives, and applicable internal consultation.
Accounting functional centers of excellence:
- Owns one or more functional centers of excellence (generally aligned with strategic unit support).
- Provide strategic direction, development of policy or practice, and serve as the point person.
- May also include cost allocation strategy partner (ops), project accounting (ops), external audit ownership (affiliates), lobbying reports (advocacy), research, and other projects subject matter experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field is required. MBA (and/or CPA) is highly desirable, but not required.
- Previous experience as a financial business partner is desired.
- At least 5 years of experience in a business/financial analyst role, combined with a deep interest in accounting.
- Experience with management, supporting senior leader needs, and developing innovative solutions to business issues.
- Prior professional experience as a member of or supporting a finance and accounting team with demonstrated success in identifying, developing, and delivering financial consultation, metrics, and overall support to the business.
- Experience preparing financial statements (calculating and posting financial reporting journal entries) is required; non-profit accounting/general ledger experience is highly desirable, as is prior experience as an external auditor.
- Knowledge of IRS travel & expense policies.
- Deep understanding of GAAP accounting and demonstrated effectiveness in tracking changes and translating that to business impact.
- Ability to build deep relationships with key stakeholders, departments, teams, and units.
- Ability to translate accounting information and results to all levels of leadership.
- Ability to develop charting for business needs and align with controls, processes, and operations while managing multiple projects.
- Understand the revenue recognition, product setup implications, profitability charting, cost accounting, strong understanding of disbursement policies and procedures, revenue, and expense mating principles.
- Ability to travel 10-20 days per year.
Passionate / Collaborative / Inclusive / Authentic / Accountable (our Values)
Internal job grade: 12