National Credit Union Foundation is recruiting for a FinHealth Director via
The QTI Group.
The Foundation’s vision is making financial freedom achievable through credit unions. The Foundation seeks to achieve this vision through three primary pillars of work:
- Ignite credit unions to place employee, member, and community financial well-being at the center of their strategy by funding catalytic grants, holding convenings, offering resources and tools to ignite credit unions to center their strategy on financial well-being for all;
- Inspire credit unions to leverage their cooperative values to reinforce an organizational culture that empowers and motivates employees by celebrating, developing, and helping retain talent at credit unions by offering education and engagement opportunities that align purpose with action; and
- Respond when disaster strikes and help credit unions increase their business resiliency through the cooperative value of "people helping people." This work happens by assisting credit unions, their employees and volunteers to continue serving members when disaster strikes through on ongoing fundraising, grant making, and resources.
The Foundation’s mission is to serve as a catalyst to improve people’s financial lives through credit unions.
Established in 1980 through the trade association Credit Union National Association (CUNA), the Foundation works nationally to achieve its mission and vision. The organization has an operating budget of approximately $3.6 million, total liabilities and net assets of $11.7 million and a current staff of 12 people. The majority of the Foundation’s revenues are from corporate donations and investments within the credit union system.
National Credit Union Foundation is excited to announce an opening for a FinHealth Director to join their fast-paced, creative, and dynamic team. The FinHealth Director will lead the collaborative work within the credit union system necessary to create a national resource library to help credit unions embrace financial well-being for all, provide education and upskill for credit union employee to establish a workforce ready to passionately service people in their financial lives, and support industry-wide consumer research, data capture and analysis to prioritize efforts and quantity improvements to members’ financial health. The position will work closely with the Foundation’s Executive Director and will report to the Chief Impact Officer.
This position is fully remote based out of any of the following states: Colorado, District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, North Carolina, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.
- Program management to coordinate work efforts and ensure achievement of strategic goals, objectives, and outcomes across all FinHealth funded workstreams. This will include collaboration within the Foundation team, CUNA’s financial well-being for all effort, and other system related initiatives across credit unions and others that align with this work.
- Lead the transformation of the Foundation’s current Financial Well-being for All resources and webpages into a repository of resources informed by credit union input and needs.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to host community issues convenings related to explore what’s working for credit unions to improve financial well-being for all to inspire credit unions to action around financial well-being for all as a strategy imperative.
- Cross-collaboration with the Foundation’s marcomms team as well as other stakeholders like CUNA’s communications and marketing teams.
- Bring together a credit union system cross-functional team to identify resources, trainings, etc. to educate and upskill credit union employees and establish a workforce ready to passionately serve people where they are in their financial lives. This includes starting at home with employee financial health, fostering an understanding of cooperative principles and values, leveraging empathy, and a deep focus and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Convene system leaders, collaborate with CUNA’s research professionals and others to further advance successful methods to identify and test the data within the system.
- Facilitate dialogue and collaboration to help credit unions quantify how they improve the financial lives of members within their fields of membership and manage any external contracted positions needed.
- Manage and supervise the Foundation’s Sr. Manager of Financial Inclusion and Impact, work with them to link and align the Foundation’s programmatic financial well-being for all work (grants, case studies, convenings, etc.) with the programmatic work anticipated by the funding provided from the FinHealth Fund.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in lieu of education.
- 10+ years of increasing responsibility and experience working in the financial health and well-being field at either a national organization or government entity.
- 10+ years of extensive program and project management experience, managing multi-year initiatives with budgets of at least $1M.
- Experience translating strategic vision into tactical, executable work activities to drive progress and achievement of goals and objectives.
- Experience navigating differing priorities across multiple internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment, foster collaboration to effectuate the goals of this work.
- Relationship management experience working with large financial institutions, credit unions, non-profit organizations and/or technology firms.
- A deep understanding, expertise, and commitment to improving financial well-being for all.
- Experience in successful collaboration with a Board of Directors or Board designated committee.
- Excellent program, project, and change management skills.
- Collaborative and flexible style, with a strong customer service mentality. Willingness to always perform as a team player who is committed to lifelong learning and building strong relationships.
- Ability to travel up to 35% (100 days+) per year.
The Foundation’s Core Values: Connect People with Possibilities / Drive Progress / Lead with Passion / Honor Commitments / Uphold Transparency
CUNA’s Core Values: Passionate / Collaborative / Inclusive / Authentic / Accountable
Internal job grade: 12
CUNA is rated a top workplace by the WI State Journal.