Insurance Technology Specialist
- Madison, WI
- Direct Hire - Full Time
- First Shift
- Information Technology
The QTI Group is partnering with a downtown Madison insurance company to hire a Insurance Technology Specialist to join their team. Our client offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, free downtown parking and a casual, fun and innovative environment! The Technology Specialist will serve as the primary systems owner and expert for the company’s technology resources related to policy administration, claims, reporting, etc.
- Serve a business analyst to help write requirements for desired system functionality and work with vendors to test new functionality.
- Collaborate with Underwriting, Operations and IT Vendors on system initiatives affecting underwriting and operations.
- Communicate with all departments and system vendors on system modifications or enhancements.
- Assist in researching, analyzing and developing new products, markets and business segments, including applicable rates and forms, to best position the company within the market.
- Work with Underwriting leaders in the development and implementation of policies and procedures applicable to underwriting and processing of business.
- Conduct underwriting file reviews for compliance with existing policies, authorities and procedures.
- Monitor claims to ensure efficient and effective claim adjudication and related subrogation.
- Increase the ease of doing business for brokers, partners, vendors and staff by developing and maintaining positive working relationships with groups within and outside the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, insurance or IT-related field
- Minimum 5 years’ technology experience, preferably supporting insurance-related systems
- Commercial lines experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of the function and role of all departments within an insurance organization
- Ability to operate within an entrepreneurial environment, manage multiple initiatives and work with employees at all levels within and outside of the organization.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Operate with limited day-to-day management oversight