The QTI Group is recruiting for a Maintenance Technician for a national private label food manufacturer located in Beaver Dam, WI. Qualified candidate for this Direct Hire position will have at least one year of industrial maintenance experience.
- Hours are Monday to Friday 5:00pm to 3:00am
- Pay is up to $32 per hour, based on experience
- Troubleshoot bearings, belts, sheaves, sprockets, chains, and gear reducers and proper alignment of these drive devices
- Fabricate, disassemble and assemble production equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Initiate purchase order for parts and machines and creates and documents hours worked on applicable work orders.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment and troubleshoot/repair processing, filling and packaging production equipment.
- Weld, perform sheet metal work and employ basic shop floor skills (lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools).
- Install, move, and relocate machinery/equipment according to blueprints and other drawings.
- Read and interpret blueprints and equipment manuals.
- Minimum one year experience in an industrial maintenance role.
- Knowledge of 3 phase motors, starters, and overloads and troubleshooting bearings, belts, sheaves, sprockets, chains, and gear reducers and proper alignment of these drive devices
- Experience in inspection of all included above and the ability to make recommendations on the proper level of replacement and inspection
- Ability to make recommendations on spare parts, lock-out tag-out, guarding, and the level of operator involvement for proper machine integrity
- Previous experience in the food industry and knowledge of GMP’s and SQF audits