Credit Union National Association is recruiting for a Manager, Conference & Meeting Experience via The QTI Group.
Credit Union National Association (CUNA) is the most influential financial services trade association and the only national association that advocates on behalf of all of America's credit unions. We’ve been named a Top Workplace for two years in a row by the Wisconsin State Journal (WSJ).
Credit Union National Association is excited to announce an opening for a Manager, Conference & Meeting Experience to join their organization. This integral position oversees all meetings and events including the delegation of specific program assignments. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership abilities and a strategic focus to fulfill the initiatives of the department as well as work cross-functionally within the organization.
This position is fully remote-based out District of Columbia, Illinois, or Wisconsin.
- Project management, budget development, contract negotiations, and on-site implementation for approximately 15 meetings and conferences.
- Responsible for negotiating and contracting 15 plus conferences and meetings assigned.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to create conferences and meetings which meet all goals, objectives and are aligned with CUNA Core Values.
- Research multiple meeting sites, coordinate the site selection process with site selection partner, negotiate and prepare all hotel, AV, DMC contracts, confirm all meeting details with internal departments and prepare event specification details for hotel.
- Closely monitor all deadlines and room blocks. Re-book meetings as requested by end-user department, modify room blocks and meeting space as needed.
- Prepare appropriate contract addendums as needed. Negotiate with hotels as appropriate with respect to attrition penalties, etc.
- Develop and foster relationships with hotel partners to ensure CUNA’s best interests are served at the property level.
- Ability to collaborate strategically with internal customers and external partners to develop a high-level of service delivery at the property level.
- Track historical information for future meetings. Analyze hotel invoices and resolve discrepancies as needed. Summarize and distribute information to internal departments. Conduct pre-meeting site visits for selected conferences and meetings as needed.
- Travel to national meetings and other conferences as required.
- Manage the technology side of registration for signature programs.
- Manage the RFP process, manage and develop the relationship with the selected company, and manage the internal coordination of conference badging with the CUNA registration team.
- Manage all meeting requests for GAC at the convention center (60+ ancillary meetings). This includes Audio Visual, Food and Beverage, and Meeting room details and setup.
- Manage breakout rooms at GAC at the convention center for six breakout rooms for two days which includes room sets and audio-visual needs.
- Provide leadership and strategic thinking to address complicated issues and promote a strong team approach within the department.
- Review current processes with an eye on improving processes, quality, and service for the internal customer and the attendee.
- 5+ years of meeting planning experience working in the corporate or association markets.
- 1+ years of tradeshow floor management and managing a tradeshow decorator is preferred.
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) preferred.
- Experience managing RFP’s and partner relationships.
- Experience developing budgets and financial management.
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Experience with Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and database reporting.
- Ability to travel 30+ days per year.
CUNA is an equal opportunity employer. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. At CUNA, we believe our differences are our strength, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Passionate / Collaborative / Inclusive / Authentic / Accountable (our Values)
Internal job grade: 11m