Manager of State Outreach
|Direct Hire - Full Time|
Credit Union National Association is recruiting for a Manager of State Outreach via QTI Executive & Professional Search.
Credit Union National Association is excited to announce an opening for a Manager of State Outreach. The Manager of State Outreach is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with state credit union leagues and external partners, support state political activities and assessments, and work with existing progressive coalitions and support their strategies. A successful candidate will have an understanding of the legislative process, a background in political campaigns and/or academic research and have existing democratic relationships & ties.
- Develop and implement state communication strategies that reflect positively on ongoing state campaigns and policy projects.
- Manage campaign literature system, including conducting research, drafting documents, tracking campaign development, proofing, coordinating approval and monitoring use in multiples states.
- Communicating state advocacy accomplishments and research to targeted internal and external audiences.
- Support and maintain ongoing relationships and contact with state leagues, credit unions and external partners on upcoming issues and target issues.
- Conduct political and legislative trainings and workshops for state league affiliates and coalition partners. Work with the Political and Legislative Directors to develop and help execute state legislative initiatives.
- Collaborate with other CUNA staff: look for opportunities to provide support within and outside of the Advocacy Team.
- Assist overall management of state governmental affairs function, including but not limited to budget planning and oversight, procuring proposals and contracts from vendors, making recommendations, and ensuring the operational functionality of legislative tool Assist the Chief Advocacy Officer with duties, as assigned.
- Represent CUNA and credit union interests at national conferences and meetings including but not limited to, conferences of state lawmakers, association professionals, and credit union professionals.
- Support state political activities and state political assessments on state and national level when needed.
- Develop, plan, and organize exhibit booths at national conferences representing state legislators. Procures proposals and contracts from exposition service companies. Exhibiting at these national meetings increases the awareness of state issues and credit unions.
- Act as liaison to CUNA committees and subcommittees, as assigned.
- Support CUNA member meetings with state legislators, as needed.
- 3-5 years of legal or legislative research, particularly in state law or government and financial services is required.
- BA/BS in Political Science, Banking, Finance, Communications, Public Relations or similar fields preferred. Paralegal education and experience is preferred
- This position requires basic comprehension of the legislative process in the legislatures of the various states and the policy, while also having the ability to understand and convey its impact on credit unions.
- Ability to make well-reasoned judgments, foresee possible outcomes and communicate complicated issues to members, legislators and others in an informative and easily understood manner through written and oral communications. The person in this position is expected to contribute to the development of key arguments and message points on the most critical legislative issues facing credit unions and will be expected to be a subject matter expert on all legislative issues relevant to credit unions.
- Must possess ability to multi-task on a number of issues, be a team player and work well within a dynamic department in addition to collaborate on cross-functional teams/departments at CUNA.
- This position requires basic competence in event planning, marketing, logistics, purchasing and budgeting skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills along with basic computer knowledge for research, knowledge of data bases and full operation of the MO Suite.
Internal job grade: 10
We have a knack for matching talent with culture and culture with talent. It’s something that comes with open, honest communication—a skill we’ve honed through years of sharing knowledge and building connections within our communities. We do this because we believe the well-being of you and everyone else is more than professional. It’s personal.
Learn more about how we can help fulfill your needs.