Online Learning Instructional Design Manager
|Direct Hire - Full Time|
- Designs and delivers education via a broad range of instructional methods including web-based/online learning, webinar, video, and other self-directed development activities using sound curriculum design principles and standards with a focus on high quality end user experience.
- Manages multiple concurrent projects effectively using project management methodology managing scope, roles, deliverables, and timelines across multiple departments and stakeholders.
- Review, revise and update existing online content on a regular basis by designing and creating interactive elements that enhance the user experience. Perform testing of course functionality across all platforms to ensure seamless learning experience for end users.
- Effectively uses principles and best practices in adult learning, instructional systems design, and Kirkpatrick model measurement and evaluation techniques to build educational programs.
- Train new and existing staff. This includes training on all related assets and procedures involving our suite of course creation tools and all other course creation related software. Maintain training schedule and communicate training needs to the Director of Online Learning Strategy.
- Ensure a sustainable future of products by evaluating course creation tools and systems. Investigate new software alternatives and processes to improve and streamline our course and exam products, including, but not limited to: Performance support tools, mobile development and design (both tablet and smartphone), decision tree and related virtual simulations, etc.
- Serve as liaison with other departments to address procedural issues involving course creation staff, including but not limited to updating internal and external clients as to the status of project progress, and creation of department standard operating procedures.
- Monitors and measures satisfaction level through CPD Online evaluations to determine applicability to marketplace and areas that need improvement. Monitor industry publications and incorporate changes to online learning activities based on industry trends.
- Bachelor's degree in Visual or Graphic Design, Computer Graphics, Education, Adult Education, Instructional Technology or comparable area of study is required.
- Required educational course work includes English, adult learning theory, instructional design theory, communication skills, graphic design, and video production.
- Five years of experience developing online educational materials to include courses, exams, simulations, micro-learning, and interactive design elements.
- Ability to project manage multiple projects with associated deadlines required. Ability to work well under pressure. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Experience leading a team. Assigning and managing duties of co-workers.
- Mastery of course and course element design programs such as but not limited to Articulate Studio, Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, and Sony Sound Forge or similar audio editing software is required. Demonstrated experience of streaming audio and video systems required. Demonstrated abilities in teaching and demonstrating to others how to use course creation or other software applications. Knowledge of SCORM and Adobe Creative Suite required; SumTotal LMS or other LMS providers, xAPI(Tin Can) preferred
- Strong experience in instructional design and needs assessment, including a thorough knowledge of adult learning theory. Familiarity with adult learning concepts, industry research and experience with Performance Based training. Ability to design online learning that maximizes learner engagement and usability.
Internal Job Grade 190
We have a knack for matching talent with culture and culture with talent. It’s something that comes with open, honest communication—a skill we’ve honed through years of sharing knowledge and building connections within our communities. We do this because we believe the well-being of you and everyone else is more than professional. It’s personal.
Learn more about how we can help fulfill your needs.