Organizational Development Manager
- Middleton, WI
- Direct Hire - Full Time
- First Shift
- Human Resources
The QTI Group is partnering with Springs Window Fashions to hire an Organizational Development Manager to join their corporate HR team. This is an exciting time as the HR team has gone through a transformation and is driving new initiatives to support their employees for the company's future!
The OD Manager will manage, lead, and coordinate the learning and development process at all locations. We are seeking an experienced professional from the manufacturing industry to develop, implement and evaluate activities and programs that address employee training (internal & external), development, performance assessment, talent management and the needs of employees and the company to ensure that the knowledge, skills, abilities, and organization of the workforce meet current and future organizational needs.
In summary - Talent Development and Performance Management will be the focus on this role!
- Assess current state and future learning and development needs of the organization and develop a comprehensive organizational learning plan to address those needs.
- Build, align and execute a plan that includes internal and external instruction, on-the-job (OJT) experiential learning, mentoring and use of our Learning Management System (LMS).
- Create and manage budget that leverage internal resources, external training, OJT and other learning and development vehicles.
Advanced Learning/Leadership Development
- Manage the ongoing structure and administration of the Leadership Development Process, which Includes application and selection process, utilization of external vendors and internal resources.
- Create training processes and tools to meet the needs of the Senior Leadership Team and other business leaders in accordance with strategic development needs, and assist in the training and facilitation of these learning tools.
- Participate in the workforce planning process to understand the learning needs of the organization, high-potential associates, and departments.
- Drive learning initiatives that primarily focus on exempt and office hourly associate development.
- Manage learning processes including; external seminars/workshops, tuition reimbursement, teaming and behavior trait assessments, and leadership development.
- Establish programs, provide direction and coordinate the learning offerings of outside providers and internal experts that ensures the learning offerings align with our strategic direction and associates' development needs.
- Own and manage the process for the SWF in-house training and development offerings.
- Work with outside vendors and in-house instructors to develop and deliver classes as needed.
- Create and manage programs to include the following: high potential development, onboarding, orientation, initial training, new-in-position development/orientation, and ongoing development.
- Establish the appropriate metrics to determine the effectiveness of all training and development programs.
- Partner with leadership to recommend and implement training solutions based on gaps that exist; work with leadership to address needs.
- Define learning objectives based on requirements and using sound instructional design expertise
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to collect content for training solutions.
- Maintain the LMS, including organizing new content to meet established criteria, and ensuring all published content is accurate and current.
- Work with LMS vendor, IT or software vendor to resolve any technical issues with the web-based training course or its performance within the LMS.
- Serve as the innovative expert for training systems and tools, staying current of trends and tools, and providing direction and assistance on the development of new and effective ways to teach and learn.
- Manage budget and approval workflows for training and development.
- Administer the development planning process within the performance management system and software.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years’ relevant practical work experience, with provided both theoretical and practical knowledge and exposure in the training environment.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Training experience and facilitation skills are required.
- Experience with process improvement initiatives required.
- Demonstrated experience creating, developing and implementing innovative leadership development and performance programs, preferably in a manufacturing or similar environment.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to think strategically and communicate effectively with senior leadership.