|Direct Hire - Full Time|
Credit Union National Association is recruiting for a PAC Accountant via
QTI Executive & Professional Search.
Credit Union National Association is excited to announce an opening for a PAC Accountant. The PAC Accountant is responsible for managing all accounting functions for Credit Union Legislative Action Council (CULAC), CUNA’s federal PAC. A successful candidate will have demonstrated success throughout their career performing major accounting functions and ideally have knowledge of campaign finance law compliance, likely gained with at least three to five years of related experience and be a Certified Public Accountant.
- Manage all accounting functions for CULAC the PAC of Credit Union National Association, overseeing processing of all receipts and disbursements, and ensure regular reconciliation in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Manage relationships with CULAC’s depositories, both operational and investment accounts, and third party financial vendors, including credit card, mobile payments and other technology vendors.
- Serve as a principal liaison to IT, Finance and other CUNA departments as necessary to facilitate technology and process solutions to efficiently collect and process CULAC receipts.
- Prepare and reconcile all Federal Election Commission (FEC) filings for CULAC and ensure each receipt and disbursement meets 100% legal compliance with all applicable FEC laws and regulations.
- Design and implement procedures to facilitate as necessary.
- Design, implement, and continuously reassess processes and procedures to ensure appropriate compliance with and minimal risk associated with both financial accounting and FEC rules and regulations.
- Serve as principal liaison for CULAC to CUNA Finance and external auditors.
- Prepare regular Treasurer’s Reports for CULAC Treasurer to present to CULAC Board of Trustees and Executive Committee. Working closely with PAC Database Manager, advise CULAC management on cash position, investment strategies, and revenue projections.
- Advise Director of Political Fundraising Development on fundraising trends and opportunities for growth.
- Work closely with CUNA Finance Team and Director of Political Fundraising Development, develop necessary tracking, accounting and internal reporting of funds donated to CUNA for the National Advocacy Fund.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience in accounting, finance, campaign finance compliance or related field required.
- CPA designation required; working knowledge of campaign finance law compliance (especially federal) strongly preferred.
- Minimum three to five years’ experience with demonstrated proficiency in bank reconciliations, financial reporting, transaction recording, database management, and internal control evaluation; experience working with political committee and/or campaign finance compliance strongly preferred.
Internal job grade: DC190
We have a knack for matching talent with culture and culture with talent. It’s something that comes with open, honest communication—a skill we’ve honed through years of sharing knowledge and building connections within our communities. We do this because we believe the well-being of you and everyone else is more than professional. It’s personal.
Learn more about how we can help fulfill your needs.