- Madison, WI
- Direct Hire - Full Time
- First Shift
The QTI Group is adding a Payroll Specialist to the QTI HR team! The Payroll Specialist provides payroll services to clients by processing and managing payrolls for multiple clients in multiple states and generating client reports for budgeting. This position reports to the Director of Accounting and Payroll.
QTI HR works with organizations to build an HR foundation that helps attract and retain talent, reduce and contain costs, and relieve the administrative burden of HR. They enable cost-effective outsourcing of the administration of HR, payroll, benefits and workers’ compensation. QTI HR delivers what is needed with flexibility, responsiveness and a personal touch.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery and quality of payroll services to clients by analyzing, preparing, and inputting payroll data and processing payroll for multiple clients; coordinating direct deposit transmissions and preparing manual pay checks; preparing related tax information; compliance with court orders and garnishments; developing and adhering to internal systems, policies, and procedures; responding promptly and thoroughly to client and worksite employee needs; and communicating effectively.
- Provide payroll information and knowledge by responding to, researching and resolving questions and inquiries from clients and worksite employees; providing expertise of payroll system and procedures; compiling required and requested reports for budget, auditing, tax, unemployment insurance, workers’ compensation, and other purposes.
- Comply with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements by completing biweekly, semi-monthly and monthly withholding deposit processing, quarterly 94I, SUTA and FUTA filing, yearly tax reporting, and W-2 processing; completing required audits; studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Determine payroll liabilities by calculating and validating employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Support, maintain and develop client relationship by maintaining regular contact and establishing personal rapport with current, past and potential clients and worksite employees; visiting client worksite; identifying, understanding, and responding to needs; anticipating and resolving problems; and collaborating with the departments and companies of The QTI Group.
- Maintain client and employee records by updating database and files with necessary compliance and payroll information; prepare and manage payroll schedules.
- Maintain client and employee confidence and protect company operations by keeping client, employee and company information confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by providing assistance with other payroll administration duties, assisting QTI HR as a whole as needed.
- Enhance knowledge, relationships and the visibility of the QTI Group of companies in the local marketplace by participating in civic, social networking and professional/technical organizations.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and webinars, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in payroll related professional organizations.
- Prior payroll and payroll tax processing experience and knowledge, with at least 2 years’ experience preferred.
- Prior HRIS or payroll system experience and knowledge.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong customer service skills.
- Ability to relate to individuals at all job levels.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment and ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, problem-solving and decision-making skills.