Credit Union National Association is recruiting for a Regional Sales Consultant via
The QTI Group.
Credit Union National Association (CUNA) is the most influential financial services trade association and the only national association that advocates on behalf of all of America's credit unions. We’ve been named a Top Workplace for two years in a row by the Wisconsin State Journal (WSJ).
Credit Union National Association is excited to announce an opening for a Regional Sales Consultant. In this role you will be working with vendors and providers in the western United States to build relationships, facilitate sales, and ensure the continued top-line revenue growth of CUNA’s advertising, exhibits, and sponsorships through marketplace research, development, implementation, evaluation, and monitoring of best practices to meet provider needs.
This position is fully remote based out of any of the following states: Colorado, District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, North Carolina, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.
- Work with system providers to determine tactics and strategies that align with their sales and marketing plans.
- Provide consultative coaching and additional guidance through assessment tools including needs analysis, pre-call planning, feedback delivery, and developmental recommendations.
- Work with CUNA team members to develop and hone the sales and marketing process.
- Prepare business plans within assigned territory.
- Ensure that assigned products adequately support the needs of CUNA.
- Ensure that advertising, exhibits, sponsorship goals and financial goals are met.
- Make changes to programs and sales process to meet or exceed overall budgets.
- Refer appropriate clients for CUNA Council Sponsorships.
- Work with Meetings, Marketing, Products & Services, Publishing, and other teams to implement system provider campaigns.
- Work with other teams at CUNA to ensure fulfillment of exhibit and sponsorship logistics at signature and target events.
- Assist key clients with rollout and implementation including analysis of results and adjustments to the plan.
- Work with internal teams to expand system provider opportunities and develop products based on client feedback.
- Represent CUNA at events to ensure the continued growth and exposure of products and services. This may include meetings and presentations at schools/institutes, webinars, and trade shows as warranted.
- Determine and maintain sales and service-related competencies.
- Develop and deliver materials based on vendor goals and needs assessments.
- Assist with and contribute to the strategic planning process for the department. This includes on-going market research for new projects, advertising and sponsorship opportunities, and related materials. This also includes serving as the CUNA liaison to industry related and profession related groups, companies, organizations, etc., as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing or relevant experience in lieu of education
- 5+ years of experience in financial services industry; 3+ years of business-to-business sales experience; 1+ year of experience in design & delivery of business-to-business marketing plans preferred
- Must work well with many kinds of people: CUNA staff, vendor staff, credit union staff, business leaders, consultants, business partners
- Must have experience with consultative management practices
- Must have excellent public speaking, writing, communication, leadership, and relationship-building skills
- Must be able to analyze, evaluate, design, and implement a marketing plan
- Must have excellent word processing and spreadsheet skills
- Additional preferred skills include project management, creativity, decision making, initiative, innovation, leadership, strategic thinking, organization, windows, multi-media software and equipment
CUNA is an equal opportunity employer. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. At CUNA, we believe our differences are our strength, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Passionate / Collaborative / Inclusive / Authentic / Accountable (our values)
Internal job grade: 10/10m