- Madison, WI
- Direct Hire - Full Time
Credit Union National Association is recruiting for a Research Analyst via QTI Executive & Professional Search.
Credit Union National Association (CUNA) is the most influential financial services trade association and the only national association that advocates on behalf of all of America's credit unions. We’ve been named a Top Workplace for two years in a row by the Wisconsin State Journal (WSJ).
Credit Union National Association is excited to announce an opening for a Research Analyst to assist with data analysis and management, statistical reports and research related to credit union operations and trends in the financial services industry. This role will develop new technical solutions both web-based and internal using a variety of computer languages and will document and troubleshoot when doing analysis. The position requires a high level of statistical and economic training as well as the ability to write clearly and accurately.
- Develop new computer-based programs and solutions using a variety of languages (MySQL, Python, R, etc)
- Perform economic and statistical analysis of credit union and bank data
- Clearly and accurately write up results summarizing the information for various publications and advocacy projects
- Update programs, reports, and the documentation
- Build custom web reports, interactive reports, and other reports and publications
- Check reports and analysis performed by others, identify errors and the cause of those errors
- Document and troubleshoot programming and data inconsistencies
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, business, statistics or computer science required
- Two years of similar work or related work experience in the maintenance and analysis of large and complex data sets to include the use of standard software toolsets of data science including programming, statistical software packages, databases, etc.
- Advanced programming and statistics required
- Strong mathematical aptitude including a working knowledge of statistical modeling required
- Excellent communication skills including technical writing and face to face required
- Basic understanding of accounting/finance including the ability to read financial statements
- Background in banking, credit union or finance preferred
Passionate / Collaborative / Inclusive / Authentic / Accountable (our Values)
Internal job grade: LE