Site Reliability Engineer
- Madison, WI
- Contractor - Full Time
- First Shift
- Information Technology
The QTI Group has partnered with an industry leader to help with their efforts to recruit a Site Reliability Engineer to join their Madison based team on a long term contract.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you are experienced interfacing with customers on a technical level and passionate about innovative automated solutions that add business value for customers. You epitomize strategic thinking and provide leadership by organizing and leading infrastructure project deployments for client and internal strategic initiatives. You use a consultative approach (i.e., reiterating problem statements, stating assumptions, proposing actions, etc.) in problem solving.
Manage and Monitor Cloud-Based Operational Applications and Environments (50%)
- Perform advanced engineering, design, development, configuration, installation, administration, maintenance and upgrades of infrastructure components within cloud environments.
- Troubleshoot and advise on advanced infrastructure problems for client escalations and internal operations.
- Maintain up to date configuration documentation for client cloud configurations and deployments.
- Lead build-teams in the implementation of cloud environments.
Provide Customer and Team Technical Support (30%)
- Perform as a trusted adviser to external clients.
- Assist in the development and training of others.
Provide Thought Leadership on Cloud and Ops Trends (20%)
- Remain informed of new developments and trends; make recommendations to management on desirable additions and developments.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to communicate effectively.
- Experience in cloud infrastructure, operations monitoring
- Experience with software engineering (Python a plus)