The QTI Group is partnering with a Wisconsin-based accounting firm to hire a Tax Manager. This individual will work closely with firm partners to help support its clients, mostly small to medium-sized businesses. The Tax Manager will lead a team of three Tax Accountants and as a team, enjoy the flexibility of working in a hybrid team-based environment.
Location: Hybrid in the Madison or La Crosse, Wisconsin area
- Prepare business (including Forms 1120, 1120S and 1065) and individual income tax returns to satisfy compliance requirements and support effective business planning
- Establish and maintain effective client relationships through regular communications, including occasional on-site visits
- Prepare and review financial statements to enable effective and informed decision-making
- Mentor, motivate and train entry-level staff and interns by providing guidance and serving as a professional role model
- Help to grow the firm through new business while also identifying new services for existing clients
- Conduct tax research using Checkpoint and IntelliConnect research tools and convey relevant information to clients
- Represent the firm at a variety of events such as community networking events, client events, and college career fairs
- Current CPA certification required
- 5+ years previous tax preparation experience
- Experience and knowledge of relevant federal and state tax laws and regulations
- Knowledge of GAAP and other special-purpose framework for financial statements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and various tax and accounting software including CCH products or UltraTax; experience in systems conversion is a plus!