Credit Union National Association is recruiting for a Total Rewards Manager via The QTI Group.
Credit Union National Association (CUNA) is the most influential financial services trade association and the only national association that advocates on behalf of all of America's credit unions. We’ve been named a Top Workplace for two years in a row by the Wisconsin State Journal (WSJ).
Credit Union National Association is excited to announce an opening for a Total Rewards Manager. This role will significantly contribute to CUNA’s Total Rewards philosophy through the creation, design, implementation, and administration of benefit and other total reward programs by ensuring the company’s benefits package is uniquely competitive and flexible to meet the varying needs of our diverse employee population, while also being understood and utilized by employees. The Total Rewards Manager also manages CUNA’s compensation function and develops/updates and administers compensation programs and policies to ensure that all compensation-related activities and decisions are in compliance with applicable regulations and standards.
This position will be considered a hybrid with a blend of remote and in-office at CUNA’s Madison, Wisconsin office.
- Set the strategic direction for CUNA’s Total Towards, which is the combination of compensation (monetary rewards), benefits (non-monetary rewards), and other rewards. A holistic look at programs and elements including incentives, and other aspects of the employee experience that embody the value proposition of what it means to be an employee at CUNA. This includes setting the tone and direction of CUNA’s 5-year benefit strategy, driving the directional decisions for, among others, compensation, and benefits (insurance and non-insurance based) with the overarching goals of delivering a value that aligns with our Total Rewards Philosophy.
- Other strategic responsibilities include communication strategy for Total Rewards, HRIS, and other related technology strategies, strategic vendor relationship management, and strategic oversight related to addressing legislation, regulations, compliance and reporting requirements.
- Key point of contact for overall CUNA benefit program management. Includes day-to-day benefits administration and management, open enrollment management, monitoring plan performance, benefits broker relationship management, benefit plan compliance, and reporting. Identify opportunities, research, develop new, and enhance existing benefits to align with CUNA’s Total Rewards philosophy.
- Case management for FMLA leaves, as well as disability leave administration, ADA and accommodation management, and worker’s compensation leaves.
- Manages CUNA’s compensation function and develops/updates and administers compensation programs and policies.
- Oversees the administration of pay programs, including job evaluation (market matching and pricing) and fulfillment of CUNA compensation practices, generally leading, guiding, and giving feedback to HR business partners and other HR team members.
- Leads the participation of salary surveys throughout the year.
- Leads and drives all aspects of compensation evaluation throughout different milestones of the year. Ensures that all compensation-related activities and decisions are in compliance with applicable regulations and standards.
- Oversight and operational effectiveness of all HR Operations, from onboarding to offboarding, company policies and employee handbook, HR/payroll connections and integrations, HR data accuracy, and overarching HR compliance. Includes People Leadership of a two-person team, whose primary goal is to fulfill the support of Benefits, HR Operations, and other transactions that flow through CUNA’s Human Resource team. Create a positive, efficiency-minded culture among the team through effective coaching, performance feedback, and role development.
- Ensures that CUNA’s total rewards practices and programs are transparent and understood by employees.
- Drive the total rewards communication and education strategy and calendar, working closely with the Internal Communications Manager. Present thought leadership on total reward topics, trends, and legislation within the HR team and enterprise-wide as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, human resources, or relevant experience in lieu of education.
- 5+ years of direct benefit experience and at least one of those years in a capacity centered on benefits and total rewards strategy and design.
- Broad benefit experience which includes not only insurance plans, but a total reward/total benefits experience focused on ensuring that an organization’s benefit offerings are in alignment with culture and business plan is required.
- Solid understanding of HIPAA, COBRA, ERISA, FMLA, FLSA, and other state and federal regulations is required.
- Experience contributing to a compensation program is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in a lead, supervisory, or management role is desired.
- Solid working knowledge of comprehensive total rewards, design, and implementation.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of not-for-profit sector employee benefit policies, procedures, and regulations including both represented and non-represented positions is highly desired; or the interest and drive to learn.
- Solid working knowledge of HRIS and benefits carrier technology is essential, as is deep proficiency with MS Excel.
- Brings new ideas, thought leadership, industry trends, best practices, and market insight.
- Seeks efficiencies and looks beyond the “what we’ve always done”.
- CEBS (Certified Employee Benefit Professional through IFEBP) or CBP (Certified Benefits Professional from WorldAtWork) certification strongly preferred.
CUNA is an equal opportunity employer. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. At CUNA, we believe our differences are our strength, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Passionate / Collaborative / Inclusive / Authentic / Accountable (our Values)
Internal job grade: 11m