Vice President of Business Development
- Madison, WI
- Direct Hire - Full Time
- First Shift
Credit Union National Association is recruiting for a Vice President of Business Development via QTI Executive & Professional Search.
Credit Union National Association is excited to announce an opening for a Vice President of Business Development. The Vice President of Business Development is responsible for developing and leading effective sales strategies, managing and driving a team of 8 sales and business development professionals, and acting as a high-level spokesperson for CUNA.
This opportunity is open to both in-office or remote work; geographic location is flexible.
- Effectively translate CUNA’s short term and long-term strategic goals into executable strategies and plans for the Sales & Business Development team reaching out to the credit union marketplace.
- Responsible for ensuring the continued growth of the organization’s portfolio of products and services. Successfully create, maintain and manage a comprehensive communications strategy and plan that drives the Sales & Business Development team towards its sales and operating goals. This includes ongoing assessment of the competitive business landscape.
- Efficiently manage the Sales and Business Development team budgeted expenses to support the business goals and objectives of the Organization
- Provide Leadership in managing the team’s close working relationships with all CUNA product management, marketing management, operations management and corporate management to drive organizational goals and objectives
- Act as a high-level spokesperson for the Organization, through visibility and engagement with credit union leaders, state credit union associations and other credit union groups.
- Minimum 10 years experience in comparable industries in a senior management role to include:
- Development of sales relationships
- Development of organizational business strategy
- Management of sales team(s) to execute strategy
- Metrics development to show ROI
- Management of external relationships
- Management of budgets
- Experience in successfully planning and managing at both strategic and operational levels plus effectively working collaboratively with colleagues and staff.
- Proven success leading and influencing decisions in a changing environment and the proven ability to correctly anticipate future needs.
- Experience in the use of software/online applications.
- Creativity and thoughtful use of sales strategies and communications.
- Bachelor’s degree business or related field, advanced degree preferred.
Internal job grade: 14/14m