Senior Digital Strategist
- Madison WI, DC
- Direct Hire - Full Time
Credit Union National Association is recruiting for a Senior Digital Strategist via
QTI Executive & Professional Search.
CU Awareness, LLC, a subsidiary of Credit Union National Association (CUNA), is excited to announce an opening for a Senior Digital Strategist responsible for delivering a comprehensive, sustainable, and effective digital campaign, Open Your Eyes to a Credit Union, to increase consumer consideration and consumer engagement opportunities for credit unions. The hands-on role connects an evolving and nimble consumer digital strategy, with a widespread and powerful network of on the ground stakeholders for a measurable and mutually beneficial long-term engagement. The Vice President has expertise in both traditional and digital marketing; adept at managing and engaging with digital media providers as well as proactively engaging with stakeholders to champion and communicate the strategy and results while guiding toward long-term success. The role requires a strategic and forward-thinking mindset, with the ability to positively engage and enthusiastically develop two-way communication with stakeholders. The Vice President of Engagement & Digital Strategy leads a two-person Strategic Engagement team and works closely with both business development and operations. This role will work remotely.
- Digital strategy & media effort oversight. Strategizes develops and works with a media partner to execute the placement of digital media in alignment with the Open Your Eyes to a Credit Union® campaign. Responsible for the overall and individual state media budgets including projection and management. Manages the metrics reporting for national and regional efforts and prepares/delivers timely and regular reports to stakeholders. Working with the Executive Director provides insights and learnings to help develop and evolve the campaign's digital strategy to increase stakeholder value, credit union market share and ultimately consumer consideration. Serves as CU Awareness digital expert, staff and stakeholder resource.
- Marketing, branding and communications. Leads the strategic engagement team to develop and distribute high quality stakeholder communications and campaign updates. The team supports outward facing business development marketing materials, talking points, and campaign promotional materials. The team is also responsible for stakeholder success and onboarding as well as both the consumer facing website and credit union facing webpages.
- Research & Education. Forward-facing, digital expert presence who enthusiastically engages to both teach and elevate credit union/stakeholder knowledge of the campaign and digital marketing in general. In collaboration with the Executive Director, contributes to the development of ongoing and new/as needed research to help inform the campaigns impact, success and areas for improvement/opportunity.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- Demonstrated working knowledge of – and proven success working in –digital campaigns, marketing and branding efforts. Experience delivering hands-on strategic leadership to deliver on KPI’s while being a front facing subject matter expert, likely attained with at least five (5) to eight (8) years of marketing experience with four (4) to five (5) in digital marketing. Individuals with a marketing/advertising/branding background in leading a digital consumer campaign, experience working with credit union or not-for-profit environment is preferred. This experience includes proficiency in project management, handling several complex and time-sensitive activities simultaneously.
- Experience successfully delivering digital advertising and targeted on-the-ground campaigns towards an established goal/objective. Experience administering a complex, national campaign through multi-state, multi-budget delivery channels.
- Experience creating consumer brand awareness using a digital campaign in combination with on-the-ground, coordinated, individually customizable marketing assets. Coordinating efforts and connecting activity/engagement with measurable long-term results toward an increase in consumer consideration, engagement and market share.
- Working knowledge/experience with the not-for profit and cooperative financial industry.
- Possesses a broad understanding of marketing with an expertise in utilizing digital channels, including website and SEO to deliver on KPI’s and long-term objectives. Demonstrated skills with the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, Social Sprout, Google Analytics, Quantcast, Zoom and Canva or another light duty graphic design solution
- Work well in teams of people from inside and outside our organization. Have a strong desire to inspire others through positive communication that seeks to share knowledge and increase awareness.
- Ability to inspire and motivate others, but also work side-by-side within a small team to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Must be deadline-oriented, maintaining precision and accuracy with work. Excellent organizational skills, strong written and verbal communication skills.
Passionate / Collaborative / Inclusive / Authentic / Accountable (our Values)
Internal job grade: 13 / 13m